Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

a greattttt value tourny right on your doorstep

Options
  • 21-06-2006 12:09am
    Registered Users Posts: 446 ✭✭

hi all just back from the merrion where i got busted out early with kings after my opponent hits his set of snowmen. 4 hands previous i let JJ gowith an AQ6 flop wait for it yes folks a jack on the river. ohh well i have to say it is one off the best value tournys in town.100 double chance deepstack 4k starting 4k anytime after 1st hand.
    bernard is the new pit boss in the merrion and is one off the best in the business and i personally think the merrions poker crowd is going to pick up very quick with good payout and tournaments strutures in place for the tournament players they cant go wrong. hehe more fish for me to fry.
    on a more serious note bernard i wish you all the best in the merrion.good job mate keep it up.
    the tourny is hitting 40+ each week but with the world cup on numbers went down to 30+ but hey why i ask they have 2x42inch plasmas either side off the poker room so i got to see the england sweden match and play poker.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,860 ✭✭✭ditpoker

blinds 20mins or..???

• Registered Users Posts: 3,140 ✭✭✭ocallagh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,724 ✭✭✭nicnicnic

did you win in the redcow monday donkey!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭jbravado

Played this yesterday-but tilted on the final table.checkmate.

I really have to agree though-this is a great tournament with buckets of play.
    This was the first time I have played the merrion in a while and I was impressed.

Previously wasnt its biggest fan but the set up for this game was first class. There was a great atmosphere a feature which personally I hadnt found to be the case.Definitley plan to play this again.

PS.Anyone know who won?

• Registered Users Posts: 871 ✭✭✭gerry87

Thought this started at 9 so i got in 5 mins before the last entry, which could have been pretty handy for me. Went out in 6th, one from the bubble after dodging a few bullets at the final table. Pretty much stuck around the 'just comfortable' mark chip wise for most of the tournament.

The tournament itself was great, the 30 min blinds were good, but i went out at about 1.30 and there were no real shortstacks at the table so i could see it going on for a good while more.

Is this a new tournament or something?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 446 ✭✭pppspecial

sorry nic i let u down finishes 5th ran my aq into bullits ohh well. not sure guys who won the merrion.yeah new tourny so give it a few more weeks when the word gets out how good a value it is it will be hitting low hundreds i reckon. atmosphere+dealers+plenty off fish+42 inch plasmas (for the footie)=good pay day...... lol see you all soon in the merrion.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,220 ✭✭✭Davey Devil

pppspecial wrote:
    atmosphere+dealers+plenty off fish+42 inch plasmas (for the footie)=good pay day...... lol see you all soon in the merrion.

How much are they paying you?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,537 ✭✭✭Ste05

How much are they paying you?
    LOL, I've been wondering the same thing, ;) pppspecial's like the Merrion's very own Cheerleading Squad lately.

Give me an M....:D

• Registered Users Posts: 446 ✭✭pppspecial

lol i wish they were. ive done well out off this tornament and have evry intention off playing it when ever i can so it would be nice to cash a bit more than 1400 a week. forgive me if im wrong in doing what im doing buts its to let every1 know how good the game is. try it guys u wont be disappointed.

gooooooooooooooooo M E R R I O N.
    > :)

• Registered Users Posts: 601 ✭✭✭willis

In fairness an 8k stack and 30min blinds is worth singing the praises of the merrion no matter how much you dislike/like them, and obviouly the tournie will be better the more numbers it gets. I will hopefully play this tues, get poxy exams finished first

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,537 ✭✭✭Ste05

pppspecial wrote:
    :D:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 306 ✭✭PiperT

pppspecial wrote:
    lol i wish they were. ive done well out off this tornament and have evry intention off playing it when ever i can so it would be nice to cash a bit more than 1400 a week. forgive me if im wrong in doing what im doing buts its to let every1 know how good the game is. try it guys u wont be disappointed.

So did you find out what the deal is with tips ?

Are the dealers getting the tips or is it true that the Merrion are using tips to fund wages e.t.c. Just curious. Will consider playing the tourney but not if this 'rumour' is true.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,362 ✭✭✭Hitman Actual

PiperT wrote:
    So did you find out what the deal is with tips ?

Are the dealers getting the tips or is it true that the Merrion are using tips to fund wages e.t.c. Just curious. Will consider playing the tourney but not if this 'rumour' is true.

Hey Piper, there's a good few follow-up posts in the original thread: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2054948356

• Subscribers Posts: 32,850 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

pppspecial wrote:
    Booooooooooo!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 rivered

yep i played this tournament a couple of weeks ago there was over 30 players lots of chips and 30 min blinds great structure with lots of play i got unlucky (lol) and knocked out early but will definitly play again.

Advertisement