Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bottles for finishes with built-in brushes

Options
  • 20-06-2006 1:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 21,436 ✭✭✭✭

Just wondering whether anyone knows where I might find glass (or plastic) containers for all my various finishes and other woodworking "potions" that have an airtight, screwtop lid with a built in brush, preferably one that is adjustable, so that the brush can be continuously dunked in the contents, regardless of how full or empty the container is? I've tried cobbling together something like this myself, but the problem is always finding a container with a sturdy enough lid that can be drilled to take the brush handle, and be sealed properly afterwards.

I've seen one on a US website (Rockler) (see bottle at extreme right of attached image) but even there they're charging $13.99 for them, so I dread to think what they'd cost over here. I've Googled until I'm blue in the face but haven't come up with anything.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,243 ✭✭✭Qwerty?

axminster.co.uk i believe

• Registered Users Posts: 21,436 ✭✭✭✭Alun

Qwerty? wrote:
    axminster.co.uk i believe
    That's one of the first places I looked, both online and in the paper catalogue but I couldn't find anything. They have a glue applicator set, but that's not really what I'm looking for.

Advertisement