Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Channel 6 - Screen Size

Options
  • 20-06-2006 12:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭

Hi,
    Does anyone have trouble with the channel 6 screen size?
    I have NTL digital and all channels appear full screen - except City Channel and Channel 6.

City is watchable but Channel 6 is a tiny box - doesnt reach the borders and is uncomfortable to watch - Havent bothered with it yet but if they get some good shows I might want to watch.. Any ideas?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 654 ✭✭✭mr_disc

Hi there , i have the same problem ( i am also with NTL and have digital ) ... however it seems that this problem jumps from station to station ie : Channel 6 might be a problem today and 2moro it may be BBC 2, or whatever, like yourself, when this happens it only does so to one channel and all the others are fine ...
    been annoying me 4 ages but i dare not ring NTL and be put on hold :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

mr_disc wrote:
    i dare not ring NTL and be put on hold :rolleyes:

but if you dont ring to highlight the problem how will it be fixed?

That is just me being me !.... i have planned to ring them about for ages .... will do this evening ( i hope ! ) ... watch this space....:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭hairyfairy00

This happenes with me too but i find if i go to sky news channel on digital and then switch back to the original channel i have been looking at the screen size goes back to normal.

Nice one fairy.. ill give that a shot :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭superfly

i'm on plain ntl and the size on channel 6 is as if id set the view to normal as opposed to widescreen so you can see borders at the sides

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭J.R.HARTLEY

channel six has those borders only for specific shows (but about 50%), the ones at the side dissapear if they are broadcasting a widescreen movie or tv show. its a channel six fault, actually take note of the shows that it's really bad on and make sure to tune in the next time they are on and you'll see it again, it's nothing to do with NTL it's all how channel 6 are broadcasting

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭kevmy

Yeah on regular ntl and totally agree with J.R. Hartley its a Channel 6 fault only on certain programmes. Saw it the first day and expected it to be resolved but it wasn't. Is it a problem on other subscribers (I think its only on Chorus otherwise)?
    Anyone got Channel 6's number?:)

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭Uncle Grueber

It's because half the programmes/movies that Channel 6 receive from the studios are 4:3, and the rest are 16:9. There is only one signal broadcast by C6 and that's 16:9 (the 4:3 content is positioned within that space, hence the black borders on each side), and ntl: crop it to 14:9 on analogue.

Advertisement