Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dharma

Options
  • 20-06-2006 11:13am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 654 ✭✭✭

The name DHARMA may be tied in with the numbers. D is the 4th letter in the alphabet. H is the 8th letter in the alphabet. R is the 18th letter in the alphabet minus the two A's which are the first letter in the alphabet and you get 16. M is the 13th letter in the alphabet add the two A's, again first letter in the alphabet, and you get 15. I wouldn't be surprised if DHARMA was picked because of how the letters come out in relation to their position in the alphabet,
    :rolleyes:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭speedy21

huh?
    It was picked because it stands for
    Department of Heuristics and Research Material Applications !!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,438 ✭✭✭jhegarty

speedy21 wrote:
    huh?

where/when did we find that out?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 654 ✭✭✭mr_disc

speedy21 wrote:
    huh?

Were you in the same loony bin that Hurley was in ?

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭MeTV

speedy21 wrote:
    huh?
    This was revealed last week through "The Lost Experience".

MeTV wrote:
    This was revealed last week through "The Lost Experience".

if only it was that easy... this show is a way more complex than that ......

• Advertisement

Why start a topic on this if you didn't want to discuss the possibilities? Creative have said all along that DHARMA was an acronym and we found out last week what it stood for. Trust me, "The Lost Experience" is far from easy but, unlike the show, does not feature as many red herrings.

yo !, i sure wanna discuss this :) i just dont think that that in the show that they would come straight out with an explanation like that ... i think they want us 2 figure it out.. just as with all the other things... maybe im wrong on this one ????

Say we take this at face value so... maybe we need to read more into it.. gotta be more relevance, either that we have seen but missed , or that will become apparent in future episodes .

This time, though, it wasn't the show; it was the game ;)

As I said, with the game being as complex as it is, they don't throw us nearly as many red herrings as the show. For example, to find out what the acronym stood for, we had to first "hack" our way into a hidden area on the Hanso site by following some clues and then play 42 rounds of "Simon"!

Oops sorry Metv .. misread u previously :)

No worries :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,026 ✭✭✭Killaqueen!!!

mr_disc wrote:
    The name DHARMA may be tied in with the numbers. D is the 4th letter in the alphabet. H is the 8th letter in the alphabet. R is the 18th letter in the alphabet minus the two A's which are the first letter in the alphabet and you get 16. M is the 13th letter in the alphabet add the two A's, again first letter in the alphabet, and you get 15. I wouldn't be surprised if DHARMA was picked because of how the letters come out in relation to their position in the alphabet,
    :rolleyes:

What site did you get that from again because I remember it being a good one. It was the one where they had each episode with a summary and then extra 'notes' on it, and I remember one episode had that thing about dharma, and the alphabet!

What site did you get that from again because I remember it being a good one. It was the one where they had each episode with a summary and then extra 'notes' on it, and I remember one episode had that thing about dharma, and the alphabet!

hi Killa, it was a buddy sent that onto me... ill check with him and let u know :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,784 ✭✭✭im...LOST

This isn't worth starting a new thread but I was wondering is the Dharma foundation really real.I mean with the interview with the American guy (Dont remember the name) it is really starting to confuse me.

You mean Hugh McIntyre's appearance on Jimmy Kimmel? It's all part of the game - neither Hanso nor Dharma nor McIntyre himself are real.

Advertisement