Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Girls weekend in Kilkenny

Options
  • 20-06-2006 10:27am
    Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,437 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Heading to Kilkenny with 7 other girls in July and I'v never been.. Anyone been to or live in Kilkenny town?? What is the nightlife like and what are the best spots to go to pub/club wise??

Cheers in advance :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭cerebis

Langtons is a good niteclub to go to....expect a big queue tho...best thing to do is get into the pub end of it early and then stroll into the niteclub end!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,749 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

Great spot for night life. Lancons, Matt Millers etc...some good pubs,Lanctons is an experience and a half

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,437 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

Langtons it is so :D Cheers

Well went to Kilkenny... Was expecting the place to me much bigger but the town seemed very small.... Our B&B was hillarious.. It was called the Billy Can... The Can is right.. It was a total dive, the lady owner didn't even reside there... she just gave us a key and scrammed and told us to do whatever we wanted.. Which we weren't complaining about tbh.. But there was no breakfast and all the locks on the bathrooms had been kicked in at some stage, the bathroom floor in our room was filthy with spots of blood on it :eek: The Tv's were chained to the ceiling... It was more of a hostel really than a BnB.. If I had gone away for a romantic weekend with the bf I'd have moved somewhere else but the place suited what we wanted it for.. just a bender :rolleyes:

We had a great night all in all but don't think I'd go back in too much of a hurry to go back..

• Registered Users Posts: 5,383 ✭✭✭emeraldstar

xzanti wrote:
    Well went to Kilkenny... Was expecting the place to me much bigger but the town seemed very small.... Our B&B was hillarious.. It was called the Billy Can... The Can is right.. It was a total dive, the lady owner didn't even reside there... she just gave us a key and scrammed and told us to do whatever we wanted.. Which we weren't complaining about tbh.. But there was no breakfast and all the locks on the bathrooms had been kicked in at some stage, the bathroom floor in our room was filthy with spots of blood on it :eek: The Tv's were chained to the ceiling... It was more of a hostel really than a BnB.. If I had gone away for a romantic weekend with the bf I'd have moved somewhere else but the place suited what we wanted it for.. just a bender :rolleyes:

We had a great night all in all but don't think I'd go back in too much of a hurry to go back..
    Yea but don't form your idea of what the whole town of Kilkenny is like based on one unsatisfactory B&B!! That would be like if I said I hated New York just because I rode the Subway once and thought the carriage was dirty....

Kilkenny is a lovely place (and no, I don't live there!!)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,984 ✭✭✭✭Lump

HAHA, you got a B&B on john Street..... how much was said B&B? Anyway, sorry to hear your room was ****, but as emeraldstar said, you shouldn't judge the town by your room.

Is there more to the town than that street?? We would have ventured further but we thought that was it... I'm sure its a grand place but I probably just didn't see the nice parts... Not that we didn't have a great time like I said, its just not a place I'd particularly rush back to... It's no Galway :D;)

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

xzanti wrote:
    ... It's no Galway :D;)
    Hugs xzanti ;)

biko wrote:
    Hugs xzanti ;)
    Awe :p

xzanti wrote:
    Is there more to the town than that street?? We would have ventured further but we thought that was it... I'm sure its a grand place but I probably just didn't see the nice parts... Not that we didn't have a great time like I said, its just not a place I'd particularly rush back to... It's no Galway :D;)

DId you not go to see the castle? or up to High Street, or parliment street or anywhere else?

• Advertisement

Lump wrote:
    DId you not go to see the castle? or up to High Street, or parliment street or anywhere else?
    If the castle is a pub then yeah I probably did go there

;)

No..... it's a castle

• Closed Accounts Posts: 217 ✭✭Shinners21

Depending on what agegroup you're in...

The Pumphouse has a youngish crowd, can be good craic though...
    Nightclub wise, steer clear of The Venue for sure unless you want to be surrounded by teenyboppers for the night.. Langtons is defo the best.

Matt the Millers is a good spot and close to Langtons so not too much of a walk if you're heading to the club!!!

HTH's

Shinners

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 barbieondaedge

The castle is cool... my mate lives in kilkenny and we hung out at the castle on the lawn and it was really nice to just chill

Advertisement