Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Typical, Just My Luck - 100 freezeout Fitz Monday

Options
  • 19-06-2006 11:44pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 252 ✭✭

So there I am in work in Wicklow Town. "Hmmm I think I'll drive up to Dublin and play the 100 freezeout in Fitz." I hadn't played any live poker in about 6 weeks so it would be a welcome relief from online.
    I sat at table 1. I'm having some friendly banter with a guy to my left and one to my right about the WSOP and Vegas. Bout 4th hands in and I havent played a hand. Mid conversation I get dealt. I look down to see aces... Wasn't paying full attention to what was going on but it came around to me and I announce "RAISE" AND THEN (V. Important) place a hand full of chips over the line. (Blinds were 25/50 and I think I only put 125 down. I actually dont know why I only put that down, wasn't really thinking plus my chip denomination wasnt clear in my head (dont play in Fitz much) and my mind was still on my WSOP and Vegas chat with the two lads.) Dealer announces that a player before me had already raised to 300. I apologised for not paying attention and I announced Re-Raise to 600. There was a bit of a hulla-baloo from the dealer , she was saying that I couldnt re-raise and that I could only call. Some other players said that I had announced raise before I put the chips over the line so that I was well within my rights to re-raise. The dealer wasn't in agreement and another member of staff ( possibly floor manager ?) came along and agreed (after much deliberation) that I was well within my rights to re-raise.
    First and foremost, does anyone have any views on this ???

Then obviously my opponent hit trip 8's on the flop and my re-raise after the river ( I think the board was T 7d 8 Turn - Qd River - Kd (3 diamonds) (I might have that turn card wrong but it was a diamond) was instantly called and my aces were cracked. Boo Urns I'm out after two minutes. Ah well, as is life.

Were any of you boardies at the table ???
    I'd appreciate your feedback.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,140 ✭✭✭ocallagh

i was sitting to your right (beside the lady who knocked u out)

u got very unlucky to lose to 88. I think I just call the ladies bet on the river though. If u raise she is only going to call with a hand that beats AA on that dangerous board.. so unless you think AA is behind and u are trying to bluff her off something it's just a call I think.

I went out with K8 in the second level. I really think I'm getting on top of my game lately....:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,806 ✭✭✭Lafortezza

Dealer announces that a player before me had already raised to 300. I apologised for not paying attention and I announced Re-Raise to 600.
    You min-raised with AA preflop and lost?

lafortezza wrote:
    You min-raised with AA preflop and lost?

he meant to raise it 3x BB.. and did so, but then was told a raise was put in before him.. so he had to make it the minimum raise on top of that which was 600.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 640 ✭✭✭MickL

Dealer announces that a player before me had already raised to 300. I apologised for not paying attention and I announced Re-Raise to 600. There was a bit of a hulla-baloo from the dealer , she was saying that I couldnt re-raise and that I could only call. Some other players said that I had announced raise before I put the chips over the line so that I was well within my rights to re-raise. The dealer wasn't in agreement and another member of staff ( possibly floor manager ?) came along and agreed (after much deliberation) that I was well within my rights to re-raise.
    First and foremost, does anyone have any views on this ???

It was me Who gave the rulling you Declared raise before you put out a Chip Beacuse you Put out chips without declaring how much a raise your Making Its a Min Raise!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 252 ✭✭An Gaiscíoch

MickL wrote:
    It was me Who gave the rulling you Declared raise before you put out a Chip Beacuse you Put out chips without declaring how much a raise your Making Its a Min Raise!

K thats fair enough. Cheers

• Advertisement

ocallagh wrote:
    i was sitting to your right (beside the lady who knocked u out)

u got very unlucky to lose to 88. I think I just call the ladies bet on the river though. If u raise she is only going to call with a hand that beats AA on that dangerous board.. so unless you think AA is behind and u are trying to bluff her off something it's just a call I think.

I went out with K8 in the second level. I really think I'm getting on top of my game lately....:rolleyes:

Funny you should say that. Coz I was just gonna flat call but for some reason I had her on A K or J's or Q's and just said feck it

Sorry I didnt have her on Q's. Coz she wud have had her straight then. My main thought was A K and after her initial raise I thought she was following on her bet after the flop and when she hit her King, well happy days

feck it

the two most dangerous words in the poker dictionary!:D

ocallagh wrote:
    the two most dangerous words in the poker dictionary!:D

Tell me about it !!! Was much said about it when I left ???

• Registered Users Posts: 6,696 ✭✭✭Hectorjelly

Its very rare that you would want to raise the river with one pair

Its very rare that you would want to raise the river with one pair

My head wasnt with me. 100% admittedly I played the hand terribly. I'll learn from my mistake

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,212 ✭✭✭MrPillowTalk

As ocallagh and hector said raising the river there is really a bluff as you will never be called by a worse hand.

Understood. AsI said I really wasnt thinking

I don't think u played it badly prior to the river. The whole mess with the ruling messed with the hand... If you knew Chris u'd defo just have called behind!!

whys that ??? who was the chap to my right

Im so glad my 100th post and 2nd star came in the midst of all this !!!

whys that ??? who was the chap to my right

chris is the name of the lady who knocked you out and doesnt normally get her chips in without a good hand!

I'll know 4 next time !!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,364 ✭✭✭Mr. Flibble

mickl wrote:
    If there is a raise before you, say to 300, and you say raise, put in the 300 and decide how much to raise will you be allowed raise more than 300 more?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭careca

If there is a raise before you, say to 300, and you say raise, put in the 300 and decide how much to raise will you be allowed raise more than 300 more?

I think you can but why would you want to do that anyway. Just say raise, take as long as you like and then put out the full amount.

Not getting at you Flibble, but I think too many players are watching High stakes poker and trying to copy the American way of saying raise and then counting out their raise on the felt.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,850 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Grace likes to be right when she is dealing. This time though she wasn't. I was in seat 1 enjoying my food when this hullabaloo happened. The very next hand after this one I crack Vernons AA with my QQ all in preflop so it wasn't just you.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,533 ✭✭✭ollyk1

LOL at this post. I knew before you said it Dom who the dealer was she always gets the raise rules wrong. If someone says raise than its got to be at least a min raise.

To Gaiscíoch never reraise Chris on the river here. Ever. I've seen her check behind on the river with the nut straight a number of times because thats how tight she is by the river. She can be loose enough preflop or on the flop but by the river she has the goods or shes checking.

Also take note how Dom cracked aces no bother in the next hand thats how the good players do it! :D

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 2,639 Mod ✭✭✭✭TrueDub

careca wrote:
    I think too many players are watching High stakes poker and trying to copy the American way of saying raise and then counting out their raise on the felt.

Isn't this why we have a line on the felt? Just say "raise", count out what you like behind the line then push it over the line in one movement.

To Gaiscíoch never reraise Chris on the river here. Ever. I've seen her check behind on the river with the nut straight a number of times because thats how tight she is by the river. She can be loose enough preflop or on the flop but by the river she has the goods or shes checking.

I'll know for next time. I'm fairly new to Fitz and I had no idea who anybody was. At least I'm puttin faces to names.

careca wrote:
    I think you can but why would you want to do that anyway. Just say raise, take as long as you like and then put out the full amount.

I do it sometimes to help me judge stack sizes. I just said it here to point out a decrepency in the rules - you can reraise if you put in exactly the raise to you and then more but not if you put in less.
    careca wrote:
    Not getting at you Flibble, but I think too many players are watching High stakes poker and trying to copy the American way of saying raise and then counting out their raise on the felt.

Yeah maybe, there arern't (m)any poker shows with such annoying raise rules shown on tv, what can ya do, TV does rub off on me. o_mrflibble.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 640 ✭✭✭MickL

Well say you say Raise and you put out the 300 adn watch the table to see who's foldin for the re-raise your making your gettin free informention for a verbal decleration which cant be fair can it?

MickL wrote:
    Well say you say Raise and you put out the 300 adn watch the table to see who's foldin for the re-raise your making your gettin free informention for a verbal decleration which cant be fair can it?
    What is the difference between doing that sad saying raise and just looking about?

Advertisement