Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Nissan Silvia s14 2.0L Turbo

Options
  • 19-06-2006 9:39pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 594 ✭✭✭

Well Lads,

I'm considering parting with my '98 ITR with FHSH to sample an s14 silvia 2.0 turbo & am just wondering can anybody give me any info on them i.e. how much would I be expected to pay for a 1996 with 72000kms?

full body kit, coilover suspension, Weeds 17 inch alloys,induction kit, cusco lsd

Any help/info much appreciated.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34 TuneR

Tanabe wrote:
    Well Lads,

I'm considering parting with my '98 ITR with FHSH to sample an s14 silvia 2.0 turbo & am just wondering can anybody give me any info on them i.e. how much would I be expected to pay for a 1996 with 72000kms?

full body kit, coilover suspension, Weeds 17 inch alloys,induction kit, cusco lsd

Any help/info much appreciated.

Around 8k perhaps, you'd be downgrading with power just so you know. But then the turbo'd engine is much easier to tune then already highly tuned ITR.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 594 ✭✭✭Tanabe

Thanks for the info;) Asking price on Silvia is €12K (this is way over the odds, even taking mods into consideration)?

You would have thought that a 2L Turbo would be as powerful if not even more so than the ITR but either way it's not a major issue with me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 314 ✭✭cargrouch

The prices on these are all over the place. Manual versus auto makes a big difference. I assume you'll be going manual. I looked for advice on these and was told by several owners that the UK is the best bet. (The facelifted S14a would be my choice)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34 TuneR

Tanabe wrote:
    You would have thought that a 2L Turbo would be as powerful if not even more so than the ITR but either way it's not a major issue with me.
    They make around the same power but thats what Honda's Vtec was designed for, to replace turbo power. ITR is lighter as well so that's what makes it the faster car. Would be nice to know which would be quicker round a track though :cool:
    cargrouch wrote:
    (The facelifted S14a would be my choice).
    Defo for the S14 but choice of the 200sx range would have to be the S15, unfortunately it is very pricey at the mo.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

TuneR wrote:
    They make around the same power but thats what Honda's Vtec was designed for, to replace turbo power. ITR is lighter as well so that's what makes it the faster car. Would be nice to know which would be quicker round a track though :cool:
    This may help with the from the lights dash.. http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=4365539253817252595&q=integra+silvia

The teg in that is a pre 98 so yours would be quicker again. A standard teg versus a standard silvia around the track, the teg would have it fairly easy. It's a far better balanced car out of the box. The low grunt of the silvia would help in some ways but the teg would probaly cremate it in the twisty bits. This is a car that can live with serious cars on a twisty track.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 594 ✭✭✭Tanabe

I know the ITR is way lighter.....believe me!! Unreal car on take-off alone, total beast from 6000 revs onwards:D

Anyhow I'm deciding to try something different for now & hence my baby is going up for sale!

See relevant section of this site if anyone's interested?

Advertisement