Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jackpot tournys

Options
  • 19-06-2006 6:02pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,635 ✭✭✭

just wondering if the jackpot still has its tournies running as posted a while back
    thinking of heading into tonights tourny(25 rebuy) or tomorrows 20E freezeout as its all my jobless self can afford, any ideas of numbers/payout??

thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 2,639 Mod ✭✭✭✭TrueDub

You like my pixie idea then?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,635 ✭✭✭tribulus

sorry i just thought it was f*cking hilarious!!!i'll edit it so you of course have credit for it!

anyone know anything about these tournies??

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 2,639 Mod ✭✭✭✭TrueDub

Glad you enjoyed it - no worries on the credit side

• Registered Users Posts: 601 ✭✭✭willis

yeah their €20 freezout is their most popular tourny apparantly. Numbers aint been great but the club itself is quality, a lovely home-game feel to the place with plenty of sofas/tvs and a nice little cafe bar area. tbh if the numbers increased it would be my fave place to play poker

grand thanks, any fee for joining, i assume not as they're looking for more runners?
    also any idea of the numbers for the freezeout?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,764 ✭✭✭DeadParrot

this place got a website?

• Registered Users Posts: 601 ✭✭✭willis

No fee, think 25/30 runners usually. Theres a thread somewhere around page 4 on this section of boards with all their tournies and info you need, use the search function, think its called "new cardroom in dublin", i cant be arsed!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,924 ✭✭✭shoutman

Yea I've played the tuesday game before, great structure, 30 mins for first few levels then 20 after that I think.
    There was about 20 or so playing when I did and no real muppets amongst them which was pretty refreshing.
    Also its a dealt tourney which helps.

Just back from the 20 freezout, nice tourny and a very nice place to play. Only 17 runners in total probably due to the matches on. 3 pay out came 5th after a bad call with AK (posted it up) my mate slash/ed came 7th after his QQ lost to ATo all in preflop. Anyway very enjoyable and will definately go back, hopefully the numers will pick up.

Any other boards people there by any chance?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭Rb

Was there tonight myself (was wearing the black Nike hat so you've an idea of who I was). Have been going to the €20FO most weeks and though the turnout has been low some weeks, it's a nice place to play and the staff are great too.
    Oh and there's usually someone to serve drinks incase you were wondering what the deal was with the self service tonight (though it's really a problem if there isn't) :)

The range of runners since I've been going has been between 2 and 5 tables(iirc).

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,163 ✭✭✭Slash/ED

I was there myself, as you know trib. I was wearing the green hat and went out early on the final table for any other boardsies who were there.

rb_ie, were you one of the two people who went out on the final table when there was two all ins and a caller, I think it was KK v KQ v Ace Ten?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,083 ✭✭✭RoundTower

I went there for one tournament 2 weeks ago. The club is nice but there were only 10 runners and there wasn't a lot of value at the table tbh. I'll definitely go back though once this pesky world cup is over.

Nope, wasn't either of them.
    Came from table two to table one, was in seat 2 iirc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,163 ✭✭✭Slash/ED

Yeah I thnk I remember you but I was convinced you were in that hand, sorry about that. How did you finish in the end? I was on table one the whole time so wasn't playing with you much.

Ended up all in AK vs my KJ with a K on the flop, shouldn't of played the hand but was short stacked. Needed a J or T on the river, never came, went home.
    Was a good game though despite the small number of runners, hopefully it'll attract a few more in the coming weeks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 365 ✭✭DJDC

Yeh I was playing last night in this tourney.I ended up coming second.I was slightly disappointed with the low turnout but not complaining with the €100 I bagged in the end.I was the fella with the KK who won that monster hand with 3 all ins.In heads up I was up against the massive chip leader but did well to claw back to bout 11000 chips but then got knocked in 60/40 hand.
    Prize Money was:
    €170 - That blondey lad next to dealer who had massive stack after he beat AK with JJ.
    €100 - Me :D
    €50 - the dealer woman
    €20 - the old deaf lad with glasses
    Best value tourney ive played in while.

Overall good tourney and hopefully with a few more players next time.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,850 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

DJDC wrote:
    €20 - the old deaf lad with glasses
    Surely the legend that is Bob.

5starpool wrote:
    Surely the legend that is Bob.
    Stans his name iirc.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,850 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

rb_ie wrote:
    Stans his name iirc.
    Well Bob has a doppleganger then by the sounds of it

DJDC wrote:
    Yeh I was playing last night in this tourney.I ended up coming second.

good playing with you, i was the AK guy :mad: bad call i feel, let me know what you thought since you were there!

4th place got there 20E back, aah i bubbled!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,140 ✭✭✭ocallagh

RoundTower wrote:
    I went there for one tournament 2 weeks ago. The club is nice but there were only 10 runners and there wasn't a lot of value at the table tbh. I'll definitely go back though once this pesky world cup is over.

That was possibly the stupidest 100 i ever spent. and it didnt help reggie sucking out on me either!! ps -who won it?

Advertisement