Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Copyright Intellectual Property. How do I go about it

Options
  • 19-06-2006 12:18pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 162 ✭✭

Hi all,

I've written a paper that I wish to copyright. Can anyone tell me where I go to do this and anything to look out for.

Cheers

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭dermot_sheehan

Copyright for an original literary, artistic or dramatic work automatically subsits in the author of that work (provided there's no contract with anyone else to transfer it and they did not create it within the scope of their duties as an employee). There's no requirement for registration.

• Registered Users Posts: 372 ✭✭Lplated

Not legal advice...

If i had written a paper I wished to copyright, i would write -

(c) My Name, 2006

prominently on the cover or near the table of contents and possibly deposit a copy of my opus in the National Library.
    There is no registration requirement, but it never hurts to put things beyond doubt.

The (c) should actually have a full circle around it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

Can any one deposit anything in the national library? Are they obliged to accept it?

Advertisement