Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

A3 - Replacing brake bulbs

Options
  • 19-06-2006 10:28am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,679 ✭✭✭

I have a 04 A3 and one of the brake lights is gone. I want to replace the bulb myself but cant get at it through the boot. Does anyone know how the side panels are supposed to come off ? :confused:

thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,134 ✭✭✭Moanin

I did mine recently although its a 2004 a4, I presume the mechanism to replace it is the same.When you open the boot if for say its the left side light, there should be a circular cover with the same carpet effect as the interior carpet, remove this with a screwdriver and then theres a large nut to be loosened.This will help remove the whole exterior light.Remove the back panel and its simple enough.I did a google rearch and found a very helpful sight.It included photos.Hope this helps

• Registered Users Posts: 1,679 ✭✭✭scargill

thanks moanin - there are some plastic covers inside the boot and behind them there is a plastic nut of some sort that looks like it might be holding the rear light cluster. I'll have a play with it later on. Do you have links to that website you mentioned? I googled but couldnt find it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,134 ✭✭✭Moanin

• Registered Users Posts: 7,806 ✭✭✭Calibos

Rear Lights Overview

Rear Lights Removal

Rear Lights Re-install

Courteousy of H5djr posting over at Audi-Sport.net

Just Saw moanins post. The guides I posted are from the A3 ETKA workshop manual for our model A3 (8P) '03->. Looks like the rear light cluster removal in the A4 is indeed very similar to the A3. Now you have photo's and Diagrams!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,679 ✭✭✭scargill

thanks for those diagrams - it was a bit tricky trying to get the light off, the diagrams helped a lot.

• Advertisement
Advertisement