Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Looking for new MPV Circa €30K

Options
  • 18-06-2006 8:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭

Looking for a 7 seater MPV car at the moment.
    (Reason - 2 kids seats in back of car means 3rd adult doesn't fit).
    just had a 3 day test in the Zafira... not bad in terms of practicality but 1.6 is not good enough....

I think it comes down to
    Zafira 1.9 diesel or 1.8 petrol
    Grand Scenic 1.5 diesel (Sport) or 1.6 petrol (Authentique)
    S-max also a consideration but might just be too pricey....

Seems to me though the best reviewed models are about the 35K mark.
    what woudl people recommend here.....

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

For other 7 seat options how about the Corolla Verso/Honda Stream

I had a Zafira on hire last week. I think it was a 1.6 petrol. Seemed put together fairly well, but did lack a bit of poke when needed. Didn't like the gear shift position especially going into 2nd & 4th and lacked some cubby holes.

What about the Honda FR-V. 3 across the front and 3 across the back. 3 full size seats aswell across the back.

S-Max looks good but seems a bit pricey alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,550 ✭✭✭maidhc

Lex Luthor wrote:
    S-Max looks good but seems a bit pricey alright.

Is it not a class bigger than the Zafira and Verso though? It is based on a mondeo platform.

It seems to be the most impressive looking MPV since the Chrysler Voyager.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,159 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

The Mazda 5 is about €27k but is only available in 1.8 litre petrol I'm afraid.

5FW.JPG

• Registered Users Posts: 73,405 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Corolla Versos 1.6 has 5bhp more than the Opel, and the variable valve timing hepls low down grunt too. resale very strong too. depends on how much grunt you need. It'll only be a little faster than the Opel, worth a test drive anyway

Advertisement