Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Debussy & Shostakovitch MP3s

Options
  • 18-06-2006 8:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭

Does anyone know where I can get any good, free MP3s (or WMAs) of Debussy or Shostakovitch (Or any other good impressionist/modern composers, for that matter)?

I've already got some pretty bad recordings of Debussy's Nocturnes (though the MP3 of Fetes in my signature is quite good) & La Mer, and some clips from Shostakovitch's cello concerto, but I can't find anything else at all.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,595 ✭✭✭Giruilla

Dont know about free, but i just got a great Shostakovitch CD called 'The Gadfly - Five days and five nights. Its bleedin savage so it is! only cost round a fiver too. I find classical music is quite cheap anyway if you look around, thats just if you dont have anylook getting mp3s for free.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 875 ✭✭✭EvilGeorge

Try a P2P program, thats your only bet.
    Other than that, your local library have something, or if your in a music dept. in a uni your bound to pick up some CDs.

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭MayoExplosion

EvilGeorge wrote:
    Try a P2P program, thats your only bet.
    I said MP3s, not spyware. :D

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,448 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

Does anyone know where I can get any good, free MP3s (or WMAs) of Debussy or Shostakovitch (Or any other good impressionist/modern composers, for that matter)?

I've already got some pretty bad recordings of Debussy's Nocturnes (though the MP3 of Fetes in my signature is quite good) & La Mer, and some clips from Shostakovitch's cello concerto, but I can't find anything else at all.

What's wrong with buying a few cds and actually supporting labels that continue to support classical music? As someone has pointed out above there's better value than ever available in classical music these days

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭MayoExplosion

dub45 wrote:
    What's wrong with buying a few cds and actually supporting labels that continue to support classical music? As someone has pointed out above there's better value than ever available in classical music these days
    It's OK, I don't need free MP3s any more. I thought I'd need a credit card (I hate the things) to buy from iTunes, but I got an iTunes top-up voucher (didn't know they existed!) in 3G the other day.

Thanks for all the help though!

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement