Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bonus points for honours maths...

Options
  • 18-06-2006 12:38am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,241 ✭✭✭

Are these still given in UL? Are they given for Architecture does anyone know?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭Irish Wolf

Funkstard wrote:
    Are these still given in UL? Are they given for Architecture does anyone know?

UL website declares the following
    Entry requirements
    Applicants are required to hold at the time of enrolment the established Leaving Certificate (or an approved equivalent) with at least Grade C3 in two Higher Level subjects and Grade D3 in four Ordinary or Higher Level subjects (including Mathematics; Irish or another language; and English).
    All applicants for the Architecture Degree must submit a Portfolio of personal work. The portfolio should demonstrate the candidate’s interest and motivation for studying architecture and how work experiences to date supports this motivation. Suitable areas for the portfolio presentation are drawing, painting, graphics, photography, woodworking, ceramics, sketchbooks, design journal illustrating the design process followed in a project, printmaking, textiles, dress or clothes making, sculpture, computer game design, or any other visual media that demonstrate an interest, experience, and aptitude in creative and graphic areas.

Try www.ul.ie for further info :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,241 ✭✭✭Funkstard

Yeh I have the whole portfolio thing down, someone just told me about the bonus points thing the other day. I prolly would have heard about it before if they're given for Architecture though. Thanks anyway, I'll have a look on the website

EDIT:
    The following additional scores are awarded for grades A1 to C3 in the Higher Leaving Certificate paper in Mathematics: A1=40; A2=35; B1=30; B2=25; B3=20; C1=15; C2=10; C3=5. This bonus does not apply to course TM002, the Primary Teaching Degree at Mary Immaculate College.

Woo! Looks like they're given for Architecture so

• Closed Accounts Posts: 109 ✭✭natter

Ya as far as I know it applies to all course in UL, well it did when I started but I dont think it has changed since

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,421 ✭✭✭bluedolphin

yep bonus points for Higher level Maths are given to all students, regardless of their chosen course (except the exception named above)...sure I'm studying history and I got them! :D best of luck with your results anyway........bring on the party in UL....:D :D

Advertisement