Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Salty Lips

Options
  • 18-06-2006 12:11am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8

I'm desperately working on this poem, for my girlfriend. I have caused her a lot of grief, and I never intended on doing that. I'm an Irish-American, or the other way around, however you want to call me. Anyway, I fell in love with her from the first time I saw her, and I had to leave her in Ireland, and come back to the states. I'm coming back for a Christmas holiday, if we can make things work until then. Anyhow, I need some feedback on this poem. By the way, I didn't go to Ireland to steal any Irish women, I went to learn your culture and my ancestry.

Tears run deep,
    Even in sleep
    Every tear that flows,
    Causes me great sorrow

Tears flow along her face,
    Tears caused by my disgrace,
    And shimmering down her cheeks
    Whimpering in defeat
    puddling in her lips

For I’m such a fool
    A fool in vain,
    For the tears are falling like rain

Tears falling from her chin
    Falling to the ground
    Gathering in a mound

Tears will dry,
    When I come through the sky
    Wipe those tears away baby,
    Because I’m coming to stay

I’ve kissed your lips,
    And felt your breath
    A sweet embrace,
    That will never be misplaced

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,706 ✭✭✭Matt Holck

you speak of your tears
    you speak of distance

speak of her describe beauty you have witness
    in the face in her movement
    this will mean more to her
    speak of her mind and what that means to you
    show her why you love her

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 Shane2k5

Hi Matt, you are absolutely right about the poem. I still need to work on it some more. I'll repost it, when I finish it. Thanks for the feedback. :-)

Advertisement