Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cheapo Broadband in Leitrim

Options
  • 17-06-2006 11:23pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8

Right, so,

Word on the street is, there's this guy in Manorhamilton providing unlimited, super fast Broadband for €20/ month- too good to be true? He built his own transmitter thing for it (I'm not much of a techy head), apparently, and you can only get it around there? Anyone know any more on this? Is it dodge or is it dodge?!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,888 ✭✭✭nanook

borderfox, is it just manorhamilton that you are intereasted in.

Where are you based

• Registered Users Posts: 14,331 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

Possibly only shared wifi.

its on the topic of broadband, how do you lock it so people cant squat on my broadband system

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 anluainn_ru

If you're got a wifi router to distribute your broadband, you should be able to restrict access to it based on MAC Address in the configuration. The MAC is hard to spoof and it'll prevent the casual/opportunist squatter.... as in "name's not down, you're no getting in" for connecting PCs.

Only broadband I've heard of around Manor, outside the main players, is some crew called Freedom Broadband. Though I thought they were only running the GBS in Glenfarne and Kiltyclogher. Their website is dead at the mo.. not a great sign.

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭galway008

These are a new crowd in Leitrim http://sms53.com €20 a month, its wireless and you need line of sight, most of the transmitters are aound Lough Allen, I was thinking of getting by the speed is only 128Kb.

• Advertisement

galway008

where are you living

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭galway008

I'm in Dowra.

Advertisement