Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Mazda to take control of Irish distribution

Options
  • 17-06-2006 1:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,423 ✭✭✭

Read this during the week, sounds like good news for Mazda owners (I have a 6).

http://www.ireland.com/newspaper/motoring/2006/0614/3103277857MOT14MAZDA.html

As ther article states, I don't think they have been marketed or supported as well as they could have been over the last few years. They have a fine range of cars in my opinion - 5, 6, MX-5, RX-8 all pretty cool. Mazda 3 with 1.6 diesel should be a big seller but I don't think a lot of people know it exsists...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 51,159 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

pburns wrote:
    Read this during the week, sounds like good news for Mazda owners (I have a 6).

http://www.ireland.com/newspaper/motoring/2006/0614/3103277857MOT14MAZDA.html

As ther article states, I don't think they have been marketed or supported as well as they could have been over the last few years. They have a fine range of cars in my opinion - 5, 6, MX-5, RX-8 all pretty cool. Mazda 3 with 1.6 diesel should be a big seller but I don't think a lot of people know it exsists...

Good news. I always liked the 6, MX-5 and RX-8.

I think Mazda's problem up to now though has been that they have a limited range of models in their main stream line up, ie. you either get a basic model 3/6 or opt for the fully loaded model. Not realy alot of choice in between and factory options are limited. Another example is the 3 saloon which imo is prettier than the hatchback yet is only available in 1.6 litre. While in other countries this is fine but in high motor tax Ireland it is competing with cars in this class with 1.4 litre engines such as the Focus on which it is based (even though most 1.4 litres in this class are slugish they still sell in large volumes to the Irish motorists).

Also a small dealer network and marketing doesn't help. There just isn't alot of dealers about the place like Toyota, Ford, VW, etc so alot of people don't bother looking for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,744 ✭✭✭deRanged

That looks good to me (as a 3 owner).
    Hopefully they'll improve the website and parts too.
    I tend to look stuff up on the UK website, then get my dealer to order it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,423 ✭✭✭pburns

deRanged wrote:
    That looks good to me (as a 3 owner).
    Hopefully they'll improve the website and parts too.
    I tend to look stuff up on the UK website, then get my dealer to order it.

Yeah, it won't harm resale either if there's better promotion & improved standards for dealers.

Advertisement