Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone watching for first time on RTE?

Options
  • 17-06-2006 1:09pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭

Right, I've never seen prison break before but from what I hear, it's good. So, I'm looking forward to seeing it on tuesday night making someting on tuesdays watchable after the awful Desperate Housewives. But, I'm wondering, am I alone on this forum on not seeing it before?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,493 ✭✭✭Fuzzy_Dunlop

No you're not the only one, i dont really know anything about it, well apart from the obvious Prison Break type idea, but its supposed to be excellent so i'll give it a lash

• Registered Users Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

I would've been joining you in this discussion two weeks ago, but the rave reviews forced me to get Season 1 part 1, and I haven't looked back. Looking forward to seeing it on RTE.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 164 ✭✭mcowhey

your not alone..I can't wait it sounds really good and i haven't seen one bad review!!!!roll on tuesday!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,784 ✭✭✭im...LOST

I've seen the first series already but yeah I'll be watching it again me thinks....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 850 ✭✭✭DOLEMAN

Yeah it's a great series. It gets better as you get to know the different characters (who I think are all really well developed and acted.)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,206 ✭✭✭gustavo

I'll be looking forward to it with great expectations. It was the talk of the computer lab i spent most of the last 9 months in so cant wait to see what all the fuss was about.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 255 ✭✭AliasFan47

I have stayed spoiler free so I am looking forward to it. But will this be an RTE reject if it doesn't build an audience like Alias, 24, Smallville....

• Registered Users Posts: 4,101 ✭✭✭NUTZZ

I'm a Prison Break virgin aswell, can't wait for it after hearing raving reviews...

• Registered Users Posts: 43,841 ✭✭✭✭Basq

gustavo wrote:
    I'll be looking forward to it with great expectations. It was the talk of the computer lab i spent most of the last 9 months in so cant wait to see what all the fuss was about.
    Yeah.. you couldn't avoid hearing about both 'Prison Break' every Tuesday morning and 'Lost' every Thursday morning in that lab!

PS - hope exam results went well!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 Nickgrime

Right, I've never seen prison break before but from what I hear, it's good. So, I'm looking forward to seeing it on tuesday night making someting on tuesdays watchable after the awful Desperate Housewives. But, I'm wondering, am I alone on this forum on not seeing it before?

Yeah Im a prison break virgin. looking forward to watching it!!
    I need a good prison drama!! No more Oz so gonna watch this!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,739 ✭✭✭Jello

Yeah I'll watch it tonight, even though I don't know much about it, but I've heard it's pretty good. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭whassupp2

i'll definately be watching it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,386 ✭✭✭EKRIUQ

Nickgrime wrote:
    Yeah Im a prison break virgin. looking forward to watching it!!
    I need a good prison drama!! No more Oz so gonna watch this!!

Looking forward to watching this, was a huge Oz fan even bought the complete box set of all the series.

This is meant to be just as good, hope I'm not dissapointed. Would'ent of even know its on tonight only for spotting this thread on the hompage of boards.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,082 ✭✭✭lostexpectation

BingoBongo wrote:
    Looking forward to watching this, was a huge Oz fan even bought the complete box set of all the series.

This is meant to be just as good, hope I'm not dissapointed. Would'ent of even know its on tonight only for spotting this thread on the hompage of boards.

prison break is definitly not as good as oz, OZ was ultra-real.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

Oz is something special. dont think i have ever seen anything as good as it

• Registered Users Posts: 5,856 ✭✭✭Valmont

prison break is definitly not as good as oz, OZ was ultra-real.

I only ever saw about 10 episodes of OZ every now and again, but it was certainly awesome.

I'm yet to be convinced that a bona fide series can be built roughly around a prison break, but they managed to do that about some people lost on an island...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭Haven't a Clue

Never saw oz. It used to be on after survivor on tg4 I seem to remember. Wasn't the fella who played Michael in lost in 'oz' too?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,386 ✭✭✭EKRIUQ

Never saw oz. It used to be on after survivor on tg4 I seem to remember. Wasn't the fella who played Michael in lost in 'oz' too?
    Harold Perrineau Jr. played Augustus Hill and now plays Michael in Lost.

Going OT but it also had Adewale Akinnuoye-Agbaje (Mr. Eko) I believe.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 adebisi

So what do people think of it so far then? By all accounts, these first two eps are the weakest in the series.

I'm an Oz freak, couldnt get enough of it, and was bitterly disappointment when it finished.

Wasnt overly impressed with the prisin in Prison Break last week, as I'm just comparing it to Em City, but last nights episode looked like it was heading towards Oz territory.

I'll certianly be sticking with this on rte!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭Rollo Tamasi

hi adebisi, yeah it gets a bit rough in places but nowhere near to the scale in OZ.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 834 ✭✭✭FillSpectre

Nat geographic are doing some show on Sunday nights about real prisoners. Saw the ad and it looked like OZ without the funky designed cells.

Anybody else think he went a little too far to get an allen key. I have used a screwdriver to get a allen screw out at least once.;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭Baby4

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,841 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Baby4 wrote:
    Best not start Rollo off! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭Baby4

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

holding pockets is the new friendship bracelet

• Registered Users Posts: 12,523 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

Hey didn't know what to do after lost finished, but heard a lot of good things about this and just watched the first two episodes and I'm hooked, someone said the first two episodes are weak? I thought they were excellent, can u buy part 1 of the season in shops here? I see the full series is being released on August 8 in the US, I might wait.

Snake;)

Hey didn't know what to do after lost finished, but heard a lot of good things about this and just watched the first two episodes and I'm hooked, someone said the first two episodes are weak? I thought they were excellent, can u buy part 1 of the season in shops here? I see the full series is being released on August 8 in the US, I might wait.

Snake;)
    You sure can, part 1 was released a few weeks ago, but if you're patient you might be better off waiting for the R1 release of the whole season 1, it's much better value.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭Rollo Tamasi

Baby4 wrote:

carefull purty or you be tuggin' on pockett.

Pocket Tuggin' is the new rice in a bag that you can microwave but you know it'd taste a whole lot better if you steamed it in a pot.

So..... don't knock it till you've tried it!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭Zapho

Where are RTE with prison break at the moment? I managed to secure myself what I that was all of it, but I'm missing the last goddamn episode!

Advertisement