Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Crew Cabs changing from Commercial tax bracket

Options
  • 17-06-2006 12:06pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 40

:confused: Just heard a rumor that they are gonna change crew-cab pick-ups from commerical road tax over too a private motor car road tax bracket, any truth in it, any verification out there.:confused:

Comments

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭kikel

not sure, but i taught this happen a couple of years ago.

Maybe someone else can confirm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Yep this already happened unless they changed thier minds at the last second.

Mike.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,550 ✭✭✭maidhc

I understand you still pay commerical road tax, but passenger VRT. Havn't heard of any change in recent times.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Would'nt the vehicle need to be shown to be used commercially though? ie owned by a registered buisness.

Mike.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,159 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

I presume if you have a valid VAT number you should still be able to tax it commercially in conjuction with your business.

• Advertisement
  • Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭kikel

Tax, i'm unsure. But VRT is passenger

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 KerryShooter

Rumour was they were going to change the road tax bracket of any commercial vehicle that had a greater passenger capacity then cargo capacity ie crew-cab pick-ups, they changed the VRT to private motor for them about 2yrs ago,

Advertisement