Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Track from Muse

Options
  • 16-06-2006 11:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭

just saw them on jonathan ross , crazy new song!! looking forward to the album. should be nice and over the top

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭John

I haven't really liked much of what Muse have done over the last few years, they kind of lost their way in my opinion but that was a pretty good song all right.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 753 ✭✭✭Font22

i'm undecided. its a bit different from what they used to release. it may grow on me...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

hate the new single. thankfully the album is much better than that song. Knights Of Cydonia and Map Of The Problematique being my favourite.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,731 ✭✭✭11811

wasn't sure about it at first,really like it now tho.its a real "grower".Not wild about the video tho.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 648 ✭✭✭exiot

hate the new single. thankfully the album is much better than that song. Knights Of Cydonia and Map Of The Problematique being my favourite.
    Definatley, the single is the worst track on the album. The album is brilliant in my opinion

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,665 ✭✭✭gary the great

I thinl the new song is brillaint, but the best song on the new album is Starlight.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 337 ✭✭odhran

I've never really liked Muse, I just don't get them. The new single is pretty good though, definitely my favourite track on the album.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 468 ✭✭MrJones

muse take themselves way to seriously imo.
    seen them on j ross. very glam rock esque single. even the haircut of the lead singer.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,168 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Yeah its good. Talking to my cousin today who is a big fan who doesnt like the new song but i told him its a grower. He claims he would give it another chance. I downloaded the whole album there and its really good i think. not the best they have done but still good.I like the songs Assassin and Knights of Cydonia

• Closed Accounts Posts: 337 ✭✭odhran

Friends of mine who really like Muse will second (and third etc.) that the song is indeed a grower. I can't say the same about the rest of the album though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,557 ✭✭✭Slutmonkey57b

Hated the song when it was first released, absolutely LOVE it now.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,861 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

MrJones wrote:
    muse take themselves way to seriously imo.
    seen them on j ross. very glam rock esque single. even the haircut of the lead singer.

Muse take themselves way too seriously? Isnt that what any decent band would do if they want to make it big, which is exactly what they have done. Maybe you should write a letter to Matt saying his hair is giving off negative vibes and not helping the promotion of the album.

The single was awful on first listen but now is great after many listens. Unfortunately the rest of the album is hit and miss. Starlight is easily the best song.

Still the best live band in the world.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,626 ✭✭✭Stargal

Hated the song when it was first released, absolutely LOVE it now.

Same here. It sounded strange on the radio, but listening to it in the context of the whole album it fits in perfectly and sounds incredible.

Album is excellent too

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 8,561 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rhyme

Maybe i havent listened to it enough but im not enjoying it as much as the first run-through of their other albums... except for Hullabaloo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 703 ✭✭✭ThrownAway

I think the new album is okay but it's definitely not my favourite Muse album. Like allot of bands, they reached their peak and then started to go down. Supermassive Black Hole ruined the whole album for me it just doesn't fit in at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,595 ✭✭✭Giruilla

Absolutely love new album, the single supermassive is definitely worst track on the album, with starlight being the best imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,044 ✭✭✭Andrew 83

Think the new album is great but not as good as Absolution or Origin of Symmetry (at the moment I don't think so anyway). Supermassive Black Hole is fantastic in my opinion.

I think Muse are baout the best band around at the moment and have only been growing and getting better. It's good for each album to be different as they've always been in different and interesting directions. For me the weakest album is definitely Showbiz, besides Sunburn I don't think there's anything really too brilliant on it.

Plus they're one of the best live acts going. I'm sure anyone who saw them in the Olympia on the Absolution tour wasn't complaining.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,312 ✭✭✭mr_angry

The album is growing on me. Again, I'm a fan of Starlight and Map of the Problematique, but there's a fair bit of filler in there. Its not a patch on Absolution for imo (particularly TSP, which was their best song).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,595 ✭✭✭Giruilla

Andrew 83 wrote:
    For me the weakest album is definitely Showbiz, besides Sunburn I don't think there's anything really too brilliant on it.
    QUOTE]

Showbiz is their best imo, filip, cave, uno, muscle museum, showbiz are all class! Every Muse album has filler in it though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 134 ✭✭Rich_Why

:mad: WARNING!! :mad: If you love muse you probably shouldn't read this comment! :mad: WARNING!! :mad:

I used to love Muse when they first came out. But after buying "Origin of Symmetry" my mates couldn't believe I still listened to them. I thought they were mad until they pointed out the extreme "inhalation" of Bellamy, which occurs like every 5 or 10 seconds during every single Muse track. And unfortunately once I had zoned in on it once I could never zone out of it! Hence I just can't listen to them any more with out concentrating on that annoying sound. Listen for it if you dare! If you can still stand to listen to them afterward then your a better man than me!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭ellenmelon

im loving "starlight" a whole lot... and "knights of cydonia" isnt too bad either.

Advertisement