Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Holes in the back of Dublin Bus Seats

Options
  • 16-06-2006 11:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,258 ✭✭✭

Why do Dublin Bus have a slight gap in the back of their seats. The other day, I was on the bus and my phone fell out of my pocket and through this gap. As a result, I missed my stop and nearly lost my phone.

Can anyone tell what is the point of the gap. Seriously:confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 440 ✭✭YeAh!

Maybe this bus was an exception. According to wikipedia (can't believe they have an article on Dublin Buses) "Seats are configured together tightly, this can cause discomfort to taller passengers."

• Registered Users Posts: 26,558 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

i'd say for cleaniness, so dirt doesn't get lodged between the back part of the chair and the seat itself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,841 ✭✭✭shltter

There is also the issue of safety for the cleaning staff tight fitting cushions are a great place to stick used syringes

• Registered Users Posts: 18,910 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

Advertisement