Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish Rail Efficiency

Options
  • 16-06-2006 8:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,854 ✭✭✭

7hrs 20 from Coolmine to Tara. I think I'll walk rather than wait 7 hrs for the connection!

timetable.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭irlrobins

Yea noticed that a few times. Was looking for trains from Dublin to Killarney. One suggested journey was Dublin to Mallow at 23.30 or so, then get the first train the following morning (6.30am) to Killarney.

It's just the way the computer is set to return results. It should be restricted to only returning journeys that start and end on the same day.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

Moved.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

zuutroy wrote:
    7hrs 20 from Coolmine to Tara. I think I'll walk rather than wait 7 hrs for the connection!

timetable.jpg
    while you are a completely competent person, i still think you should be blamed for this.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,854 ✭✭✭zuutroy

nesf wrote:
    Moved.

Ooops...Sorry!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,331 ✭✭✭MarkoP11

julep wrote:
    while you are a completely competent person, i still think you should be blamed for this.
    Agreed, after all its only like a 15 minute walk anyway, yeah it shouldn't give a stupid option like that but still

To be fair the journey planner thing is accurate and when extra trains are put on they appear

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,854 ✭✭✭zuutroy

Hey, I just thought it was funny is all!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,687 ✭✭✭jd

irlrobins wrote:
    It should be restricted to only returning journeys that start and end on the same day.
    <devils advocate>I'm not so sure..
    Say if someone has to be at a meeting somewhere, perhaps they may want to know all possible options, even if it involves a b+b where the connection is eg maybe getting to Mayo from Waterford </devils advocate>

Advertisement