Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

How much would ths cost to put right...

Options
  • 16-06-2006 8:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,467 ✭✭✭

it's a primera, a couple of years old... a mate had a bit of an accident, just curious as to what this would cost?

a new drivers door, smallish dents in all 3 other doors, new wing mirror (it's heated and colour coded) and a new drivers seat?

don't have a clue when it comes to this sort of stuff :rolleyes:
    a few grand no doubt.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 73,439 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

really depends on how good a job he wants done, and whether he wants new or second hand parts

• Registered Users Posts: 3,467 ✭✭✭smemon

i'll say everything new as it wasn't his fault :p

• Registered Users Posts: 51,202 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Depends how much the market value of the car is worth too. While the car can be repaired it may not make economic sense to say spend €3k putting a car with a market value of €4k back on the road.

If the car is only worth a few grand then it might be worth looking at getting second hand parts/panels from a scrap yard. Brand new parts and a repair job done by the main dealer will cost a fortune but will not increase it's market value. A good job done by an independant garage using parts from a scrap yard will be cheaper and hardly decrease the value of the car.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,467 ✭✭✭smemon

it's only 2 years old! worth about €18k? €17k anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 73,439 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

I'd say the damage would be around €3,500 to €4,000.

2 year old primeras aren't worth anywhere near €18,000, despite what carzone might tell you!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 65,221 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

colm_mcm wrote:
    I'd say the damage would be around €3,500 to €4,000.

Ouch! That bad? Would have expected a little bit less than that, but I don't know, just guessing
    colm_mcm wrote:
    2 year old primeras aren't worth anywhere near €18,000, despite what carzone might tell you!

Indeed, Primera is a high depreciator. Might be worth €13k - €15k depending on specs

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭junkyard

A door is around 400 euros, a mirror is around 150 euros and a seat, new, could cost you a couple of thousand euros. Plus labour and painting. If as you say there are dents on the three other doors that means your going to have to paint the two sides of the car so labour would probably be another couple of grand. So I'd say 4550 euros plus V.A.T. or there abouts. My advice is find a scrap one here or up north and buy your parts for 500 euros or less and get a cash job on the repairs. If you use your head you could get the lot done for 2000 euros including parts.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,084 ✭✭✭dubtom

Check out the scrap yard at Kilcock, they seem to have a lot of newer cars for scrap, not sure if any are primera's but they certainly have a nissan section.

Advertisement