Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bus: city centre - bray at night?

Options
  • 16-06-2006 6:56pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭

i've an interview next week with a company in the city centre, but i dont know if its worth pursuing due to a lack of public transport after midnight from the city centre to bray. afaik if i got the job i'd be finished at 1am because it deals with the american market, monday to friday. i dont have a car so i would be relying on public transport for getting home around 1.20am

i'm not too familiar with the nitelink service. i looked at the tables on dublinbus.ie and the 84N goes from the city centre to bray but only on fri/sat. the only other option for the other days is the 7N which goes to shankill monday - thursday. even if i got the 7N to woodbrook its still a 3.5mile walk to my house. i take it there are no other options other than a taxi.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭GerardKeating

Nephew wrote:
    i'm not too familiar with the nitelink service. i looked at the tables on dublinbus.ie and the 84N goes from the city centre to bray but only on fri/sat. the only other option for the other days is the 7N which goes to shankill monday - thursday. even if i got the 7N to woodbrook its still a 3.5mile walk to my house. i take it there are no other options other than a taxi.

Finnegans do a nitelink service to Bray "Every Thursday, Friday and Saturday Night at 01:00 and 03:00", stil not seven days, but one more day that DB

Click here for more info

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,331 ✭✭✭MarkoP11

Before anyone moans, Dublin Bus are legally blocked from running a 45N/145N style route since Finnegans appear to have the licence for the City Bray route, wonder why the 7N terminates where it does that might explain it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭Nephew

****ing finnegans. i wonder why finnegans were given the bray licence if they only make use of it three nights a week, it would have been more practical to give it to dublin bus considering they go to woodbrook anyway and at most would add 10 minutes to the journey if it went to the dart station or main street.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,939 ✭✭✭mikedragon32

You may want to check, but your employer might provide taxis if you finish work later than there are buses available.

It's worth asking. Otherwise it would be an expensive commute.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭billy the squid

It costs 40 lids to go to bray from Dublin by taxi though, don't think any employer would pick up that tab on nights there is no bus.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭GerardKeating

It costs 40 lids to go to bray from Dublin by taxi though, don't think any employer would pick up that tab on nights there is no bus.

Why get a taxi from Dublin City Centre, get the 7N to shankill, and a taxi frmo there, go to be a lot cheaper.

Advertisement