Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Hibernian - Low mileage insurance

Options
  • 16-06-2006 11:59am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 230 ✭✭

Saw an ad on TV last night for Hibernian car insurance. They now offer a discount for low mileage. Anybody know more. I barely do 7K on mine so might be worth talking to them when i renew.

Just when online.

For doing less that 5,000 (assuming miles) rather than unrestricted i get a discount of 62euro. Not worth it.

For 5000 to 10000 rather than unrestriced i get a discount of 31euros.

....Dont know why they dont offer more as surely someone doing 25,000 a year is in more danger of having an accident that someone doing 5,000 a year.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 65,221 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

....Dont know why they dont offer more as surely someone doing 25,000 a year is in more danger of having an accident that someone doing 5,000 a year.

Agreed. Seems like a bit of a lame offer :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,013 ✭✭✭Wolverine_1999

Pityful attempt at attracting interest, unless you are female, 50 years old, drive for the past 30 years and are paying €200 a year in insurance.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 465 ✭✭Kermitt

And how exactly can they determine your annual mileage short of taking photos of your speedo at renewal time. This is probably why the offer is so poor. If reduction was big you'd have every sales rep on the road claiming to do 6k a year!!

Advertisement