Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Garage Code

Options
  • 15-06-2006 3:46pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 344 ✭✭

Ok i have taken your advice and read All of the sticky, my eyes are now square and i still have no idea how to obtain a garage code.:confused:

maybe im using the wrong term for it, i need a garage code to get trade prices in the main dealerships

Any advice gratefully welcomed

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭lanno

my mate has just set up a new business and has just applied for one you need to have the following to get it

garage/trade insurance policy
    have vat no
    then you just fill in the form from the dep of environment send off a copy of ins cert and they will send out the code to you

• Registered Users Posts: 73,438 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

You will also need trade plates, a local authority rates cert, and a property valuation/planning permission application and insurance cert will be required

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭junkyard

You only need a VAT number. I got a garage I.D. number years ago before I had trade plates or a rateable premises.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,438 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

sorry, I meant, he'll also need trade plates if he's thinking about buying trade cars with no tax, NCT etc.

Advertisement