Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Ballpark figure for re-spray

Options
  • 15-06-2006 2:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭

I'm looking at bring in my mates crashed car from the north. It's just front end damage (bonnet/grill/bumper/ps wing..no engine or chasis) and rang round a few repair places to try and get a rough figure for how much I could expect to pay for a front end respray but they all say they'd have to see the car.
    I can understand this but as car in the north it isn't practical so I asked for a ballpark estimate but they all refused to quote.

I'd be greatful for anyones experience of how much they had to pay for a re-spary job (i.e. how much a front re-spray or even a full re-spray cost)

Thanks

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭miju

think a full respray is about 3k from what my mechanic pal told me before (memorys a bit foggy though)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,890 ✭✭✭embee

depends on the paint your going to use

if the car is damaged and they have to repair pannels that would add to the cost 150+ per piece needed id say
    been told 1500-6000 for a full respray

then again it dose depend on your car the damage and the type of paint used .

gf's need to rember to log out of there bf's pc's -Elexes

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭Santa Claus

embee wrote:
    depends on the paint your going to use

if the car is damaged and they have to repair pannels that would add to the cost 150+ per piece needed id say
    been told 1500-6000 for a full respray

then again it dose depend on your car the damage and the type of paint used .

gf's need to rember to log out of there bf's pc's -Elexes

It's a red alfa, as far as i know it's not metallic.
    I'm getting the parts required from a guy in the Uk and they'll be straight from the factory with just the primer coat so they'll have to be fitted and sprayed. I'm hoping it'll be easy enugh to match up and won't require a full re-spray !

Advertisement