Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Fast Taxi anyone?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,949 ✭✭✭SouperComputer

not bad, but you could probably pickup a 97 Volvo 850 T5 (230Bhp) estate for almost half the price.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 227 ✭✭Con_316

not bad, but you could probably pickup a 97 Volvo 850 T5 (230Bhp) estate for almost half the price.

Mmmm.... Volvo's....boxy but good!

Had a v70 turbo AWD in for a while at work. pretty damn fast. comfy too.
    Used to druve a '97 V40 T4. that was a laugh. Looked so boring in it's shade of old man friendly dark green and with the T4 badge taken off..... Embarrassed a few people who tried to pass it.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭Owen

It's interesting, until you click the interior, and there it is, the Toyota, grey dull plastic. Yuck. I can't understand how a company can design the outside of a car to be nice, and forget the inside, it's where we spend all our time!

• Registered Users Posts: 73,439 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

That's be an ideal "sleeper car" change that bodykit for standard Avensis bumpers, swap those white alloys for 15" Linea Aura hubcaps, and have some fun at the lights! possibly stick some cheapo "turbo" stickers on

• Registered Users Posts: 7,577 ✭✭✭maidhc

ned78 wrote:
    It's interesting, until you click the interior, and there it is, the Toyota, grey dull plastic. Yuck. I can't understand how a company can design the outside of a car to be nice, and forget the inside, it's where we spend all our time!

It's not a normal avensis dash either.

• Advertisement

This european version isn't half bad

lamotte_1131817465_interior.jpg

colm_mcm wrote:

It is a nice dash, everything is where it should be, although the casette door fell off our one, and the door in front of the fuse box is after getting jammed. Still, 90k now, and only problem since is a noisey aux belt tensioner.

The Caldina dash looks like something from an early/mid 90's corolla.

the door in front of the fuse box breaking is fairly common, usually one of the clips that it hinges on break off. a new one isn't that expensive, even from a dealer! Isn't it great that that's all that's gone wrong!

• Registered Users Posts: 65,230 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

What a ridiculous price! I paid the same for my BMW 735i V8 in perfect nick when it was that age

And it is white *pukes*
    colm_mcm wrote:

Agree, that looks ok

• Registered Users Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭Mc-BigE

Agree with interior looks like every taxi i've been in! its even got what looks like a meter up on the dash board!:D

"Car 4 to base come in....."

Anyway if it was my money i think (assuming 2 litre limit) maybe the real thing, celica GT4. But a more practical car ,Volvo T4 or subaru would be in the running also.

very hard to get 250ish BHP out of a 2 Litre!(of this vintage) only the jap's seem to pull it off!

• Advertisement

colm_mcm wrote:
    Isn't it great that that's all that's gone wrong!

I meant to say since the 80k service :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭Sizzler

That is a savage motor ! Nevermind the interior in this case, Id let it slide ;)

Hook up the meter to the rev counter and see how the punters react lol

That car is quite cool. not as obvious as an Impreza wagon

• Registered Users Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭cantdecide

colm_mcm wrote:
    That car is quite cool. not as obvious as an Impreza wagon

would give a legacy wagon a run for its money

has anyone seen that boy racered avensis taxi in cork.......

• Registered Users Posts: 6,661 ✭✭✭Blitzkrieger

Why, oh why couldn't they just keep building the Celica?

The old one - not the nasty girly one with all the vulgar angles and measly 180bhp engine.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,310 ✭✭✭positron

Okay, I know the discussion is not about fast taxis, but really, the title did say 'fast taxi' and here's a really fast taxi for you!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/58919860@N00/23823125/

Its ferrari! :D

Advertisement