Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RAS authentication.

Options
  • 15-06-2006 1:10pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 184 ✭✭

Hi, probably a basic question, however i have a new user that cannot get logged onto the network due to an error "your credentials have failed remote network authentication" I have reset his password and he has full access, however still cannot connect.

Any ideas? Maybe on client side of things?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

Without any details on what you're using, thats nearly impossible to answer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 184 ✭✭DubNside

sorry, its a windows xp client, standard dial up

• Registered Users Posts: 2,530 ✭✭✭wandererz

DubNside wrote:
    Hi, probably a basic question, however i have a new user that cannot get logged onto the network due to an error "your credentials have failed remote network authentication" I have reset his password and he has full access, however still cannot connect.

Any ideas? Maybe on client side of things?

Contact your Network Administrator.
    Any decent network admin would answer the the statement: "Without any details on what you're using, thats nearly impossible to answer." with a response containing the BOTH the client details & the type of REMOTE ACCESS SERVER being connected to!

Again, without proper details it's almost impossible to answer.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,801 ✭✭✭tech

is it a Windows server or is your Firewall authentication you or both ??

windows 2000/xp. windows 2003 server, just logging on using dun

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,801 ✭✭✭tech

have you got the DIAL IN permissions setup, are you getting an IP address from your server when connecting remotly?

all my permissiions are correct, not getting through the authentication stage so no ip

Advertisement