Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Mercedes McLaren SLR anyone seen it?

Options
  • 15-06-2006 12:04pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭

I was driving up to glendalough there last weekend and seen a black SLR parked in one of the small villages outside a hotel. Just curious as to whether anyone else spotted it around dublin ??..it has a D Reg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,396 ✭✭✭fletch

Yeh I seen it on the M50 a while ago

• Registered Users Posts: 21,444 ✭✭✭✭Alun

Was it in Roundwood? The Roundwood Inn there has recently been sold for a cool €3.5 million, so it could be the new owners visiting to case the joint. It's a shame as it was a quaint old place (run by a German, with some interesting German dishes on the menu) in stark contrast to the rather brash Coach House on the other side of the road.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,248 ✭✭✭Plug

E415000...someone must have money:eek: I thought there was only 10 in the world:confused:

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭kikel

Can't wait to see one for real.
    I don't think it's a good looking car IMO., but still can't wait to see one. Maybe some day i'll get to drive one. (yeah right)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,753 ✭✭✭qz

Plug wrote:
    I thought there was only 10 in the world:confused:

lol
    Production of the Mercedes-Benz SLR McLaren at the McLaren Technology Centre in Woking, England, utilises both the advanced production systems of Mercedes and the sports car manufacturing expertise of McLaren. Around 140 highly qualified staff manufacture up to 500 units of the Gran Turismo at the McLaren Technology Centre, McLaren's HQ, each year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,248 ✭✭✭Plug

Sorry for being wrong:o I read that in the paper when Prince Nasiume crash his one, it said there was only 10 in the world. I don't make up bullsh!t;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 394 ✭✭AJ!

RobAMerc saw the black SLR on the M50 the other day.
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=51540618&postcount=1675

• Registered Users Posts: 73,438 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Plug wrote:
    Sorry for being wrong:o I read that in the paper when Prince Nasiume crash his one, it said there was only 10 in the world. I don't make up bullsh!t;)

maybe there's only 10 crashed yet!

• Registered Users Posts: 51,202 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Rumor has it that a well known MB dealer down here in the mid west has his hands on a silver SLR. I have never seen it but the last time I seen him he was driving a CL 65 AMG. :eek:

Company perks! :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭junkyard

I saw a black one in Cork last year. I'd say there's more than 10, I've seen at least 8 between the U.K., Spain and Italy alone.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,245 ✭✭✭drdre

i seen a black one near red cow a while ago.it was not really close up as i was stuck in traffic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 394 ✭✭AJ!

I heard something pretty interesting today.

I was outside The Merrion Hotel today looking at a Maybach 62. I was talking to the driver of the Maybach and he mentioned who the owner was. He went on to say that the owner also has a Mercedes McLaren SLR which he bought in August last year but has only started to drive very recently.

I was really interested in hearing about it so I told him that I've heard about the Irish SLR but I've never seen it. He was saying that the only time he's ever driven it was last weekend. He was saying when you start the car, you have to wait a few seconds for the engine and it beeps to let you know it's ready. It was nice of the guy to tell me all about it. I guess I was just in the right place at the right time:rolleyes:

So now you know that the owner of the black SLR also owns a black Maybach 62!

I'm not going to name the owner out of respect for him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,245 ✭✭✭drdre

AJ! wrote:
    I heard something pretty interesting today.

I was outside The Merrion Hotel today looking at a Maybach 62. I was talking to the driver of the Maybach and he mentioned who the owner was. He went on to say that the owner also has a Mercedes McLaren SLR which he bought in August last year but has only started to drive very recently.

I was really interested in hearing about it so I told him that I've heard about the Irish SLR but I've never seen it. He was saying that the only time he's ever driven it was last weekend. He was saying when you start the car, you have to wait a few seconds for the engine and it beeps to let you know it's ready. It was nice of the guy to tell me all about it. I guess I was just in the right place at the right time:rolleyes:

So now you know that the owner of the black SLR also owns a black Maybach 62!

I'm not going to name the owner out of respect for him.

i would love to be the owner.wow.i wonder what other cars he has.:D

Advertisement