Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Anyone here isnured with BrittonInsurance on a provisional in their own name

Options
  • 14-06-2006 11:37pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭

Im trying to get a quote, my insurance is due soon. I will have 2years NCB in my own name when i renew.
    Im trying to get quotes off Britton on 1.6Hondas, but it says to ring them, when i change the licence option to FULL instead of Provisional im getting pretty reasonable quotes. Does Britton make you fone automatically if your on a provisional? The amount of crap you have to fill in on their quote yoke is a joke. Takes ages if trying for a few different cars.

Just wondering if anyone here has gotten a decent quote off Britton on a provisional licence on a relatively decent 1.6 car like civics/integras.
    Cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,965 ✭✭✭✭Stark

They gave me a quote for provisional/no ncb/1.3L car. It looked pretty reasonable but it was conditional on me passing some sort of a test. Quinn Direct were cheaper anyway and I don't have a mileage restriction/test requirement.

From what I remember, I got cheaper quotes on smaller cars with Britton but cheaper quotes for larger cars with Quinn Direct.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

I can get quoted on their online system on...

206Gti
    306Gti
    Golf T Gti...etc..

22, 4 year provisional and no ncb.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,965 ✭✭✭✭Stark

The thing about the test for me was buried pretty deeply in the small print on the very last page btw. I only noticed it when I started reading in detail the instructions of purchase the quote I was offered.

Edit: Hmm, can't even find it now, but I'm sure it was mentioned somewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭natnif

britton insurance for young drivers mainly quote through hibernian. 1.6 integra is going to have a loading on it same as a gt turbo etc.....they won't quote on these before getting more details. try a 1.6 avensis or something just to see can you get quoted....I'd imagine it'll quote, but you will have to do the provisional ignition test if it's through hibernian

• Registered Users Posts: 872 ✭✭✭grahamor

make sure Britton insurance dont shaft you on excess. They gave me a good quote but with a 4000 excess where quinn direct gave me the same quote with 190 excess

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,490 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Its the whole thing of Vtec!!! Thats why they won't quote you online!! Alot of them are stopping quoting for Vtec's now!!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

i hate insurance

sorry

carry on

• Registered Users Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭PowerHouseDan

Its the Ignition test you do..I am insured with them... I am with Hibernian via Britton... they got me a quote 250 euro cheaper than directly with Hib, I already had done the ignition before so it was fine..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 314 ✭✭cargrouch

If you ever get "bla bla sorry insufficient info for online quote, call 1890 OVERABARREL", you haven't much hope of a reasonable quote.

Better question - has anybody ever spoken to a real person at Britton? Tried for a few days last year - no joy!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Rudolph Claus

Its the whole thing of Vtec!!! Thats why they won't quote you online!! Alot of them are stopping quoting for Vtec's now!!
    The 1.6`s im looking at arent vtec`s so i cant understand why they wont just quote it ffs.
    Such a country!
    If you ever get "bla bla sorry insufficient info for online quote, call 1890 OVERABARREL", you haven't much hope of a reasonable quote.

Better question - has anybody ever spoken to a real person at Britton? Tried for a few days last year - no joy!
    Yep, ive tried ringing them today,,, no answer, they obviously dont want my business so quinn direct can have my cash again this year so.

• Advertisement
Advertisement