Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coolwings...!!

Options
  • 14-06-2006 11:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15,513 ✭✭✭✭

:D

You were the first person that I thought of tonight.
    I got lap timing gear in from the UK last week and some guys in the club are having problems getting their transponders working.
    Apparently the "Acoms" and "Hitec" equipment can be problematic with this gear.
    BUT
    The guy I got it from said that there are two options.

Option 1) Hard wire them to the receiver..
    ( 3 guys hard wired them to the battery packs and what happened?? Yup..PPFFFFTTT..!! Gone up in smoke.) :eek:

Option 2) Get some "Y" leads... Now i am guessing that these would be popular in the RC Flight area..?
    Am I right?
    So, I am wondering if you could point me to somewhere that i could get maybe 6 of them as i need them for next Wednesday night and i dont think i would have them in from the UK by then.

What you reckon??

Cheers ;)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭loopingfred

Hi Vectra,

Yes, we use Y leads.

You can buy those at coolwing's shop. Was at the shop last tuesday and I saw a bunch of Y leads. So they are in stock :D:D !

http://www.greenhobbymodel.com/

Fred

• Registered Users Posts: 15,513 ✭✭✭✭vectra

Hi Vectra,

Yes, we use Y leads.

You can buy those at coolwing's shop. Was at the shop last tuesday and I saw a bunch of Y leads. So they are in stock :D:D !

http://www.greenhobbymodel.com/

Fred

Hi Bud,
    Are there specific ones or will any "Y" lead do any receiver?
    cheers

The only difference will be the plug (Futaba, Graupner, Multiplex and so on..).
    So the best thing to do is to take the leads with "uni" plugs (do all brands).

Fred

The only difference will be the plug (Futaba, Graupner, Multiplex and so on..).
    So the best thing to do is to take the leads with "uni" plugs (do all brands).

Fred

Great stuff.
    Many Thanks bud. ;)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 3,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭coolwings

vectra wrote:
    Option 1) Hard wire them to the receiver..
    ( 3 guys hard wired them to the battery packs and what happened?? Yup..PPFFFFTTT..!! Gone up in smoke.) :eek:

Ouch ! You're not supposed to "let the smoke out" of those things!

I am wondering - did they wire up to a receiver battery (4 cells = 4.8 - 6.0 volts) or did they wire them to a motor battery (= 6 cells/7.2 volts) ?

A "Y"-lead between the receiver and a servo gives them the same power as a servo 4.8 (nicads) or 6 v (dry cells) and that is what I thought this gear is designed to take.

Unless you happened to have a five cell receiver battery (more appropriate for 1/5th scale I know) which would probably damage them.

Y-leads would be no problem by Irish 1st class letterpost you would have them next morning 60% cases, or within following 24 hours 30% cases .

Try 01 4928776 and ask for Patrick, mention me, & there would be no postage charges. :)

• Advertisement

coolwings wrote:
    Ouch ! You're not supposed to "let the smoke out" of those things!

I am wondering - did they wire up to a receiver battery (4 cells = 4.8 - 6.0 volts) or did they wire them to a motor battery (= 6 cells/7.2 volts) ?

A "Y"-lead between the receiver and a servo gives them the same power as a servo 4.8 (nicads) or 6 v (dry cells) and that is what I thought this gear is designed to take.

Unless you happened to have a five cell receiver battery (more appropriate for 1/5th scale I know) which would probably damage them.

Y-leads would be no problem by Irish 1st class letterpost you would have them next morning 60% cases, or within following 24 hours 30% cases .

Try 01 4928776 and ask for Patrick, mention me, & there would be no postage charges. :)

wired direct to 7.2v race packs..:eek:

Yeah.. you are right.
    The Smoke is supposed to stay inside them.. :D

Is "Coolwings" the name I would mention?
    Or have you got an alias. :D

vectra wrote:
    Great stuff.
    Many Thanks bud. ;)

No problemo ! :)

Fred

vectra wrote:
    .... Or have you got an alias. :D
    Oh yeah - I'm Norman :) Sorry bout that.

vectra wrote:
    .... Or have you got an alias. :D

BTW I will be down your way in next fortnight. :D

coolwings wrote:

BTW I will be down your way in next fortnight. :D

Rang Patrick and all sorted.
    Cheers

Now,

Let me know when you are coming tdown this way and I will try meet up with you..
    I wont make any promises as I have a wife that is as Decisive as a T.D. :D

She has this uncanny way of making arrangements..
    I can rember how many times we woul have something arranged and out of the blue she could say.. I need to go to Blah Blah today.. C'Mon lets go.. :o

Hopefully she wont move for a couple of weeks..:D

• Advertisement

vectra wrote:
    Let me know when you are coming tdown this way and I will try meet up with you.....I wont make any promises as I have a wife that is as Decisive as a T.D. :D ..:D
    I'll drop U a PM.
    Will be flying & fishing - I hope.
    About the wife stuff - I know that feeling. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,248 ✭✭✭Plug

vectra wrote:
    I wont make any promises as I have a wife that is as Decisive as a T.D. :D

She has this uncanny way of making arrangements..
    I can rember how many times we woul have something arranged and out of the blue she could say.. I need to go to Blah Blah today.. C'Mon lets go.. :o

Hopefully she wont move for a couple of weeks..:D
    LOL:D Exactly like my own mother:( :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭g5hn710m4xpdwy

it seems that everyone into RC on these boards face one very similar problemo, The woman of the household!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,324 ✭✭✭tallus

You guys need an "out of house" female :D

You could get me in big trouble with ideas like that. :D:D
    ROFL.

tallus wrote:
    You guys need an "out of house" female :D

Wishful thinking.. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 6,324 ✭✭✭tallus

vectra wrote:
    Wishful thinking.. :o