Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Some help with a System Timer Error on a Fujitsu Lifebook

Options
  • 14-06-2006 6:25pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 22

I have a Fujitsu Lifebook P Series that is just over a year old (i.e. out of warranty) and I've been getting the following error in the past 24 hours 2060 System Timer Error. I understand this is a motherboard issue. Fujitsu will look at it but it means sending it to the UK for at least two weeks. I've called 10 Laptop repair places in Dublin and none of them can help with a repair or a replacement motherboard....

Could anyone give me some advice as to how I could get this repaired in a shorter period of time...I dont' have a back up computer and really can't afford to be without it for that kind of time. Also, any ideas on how much I should expect to pay for a repair?

Thanks

I

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 459 ✭✭b0bsquish

system timer error? your clock hasnt been losing time, ie resets to 12 if u leave if off for any amount of time? if thats the case prob just the cmos battery, should be a simple case of a new cmos battery in as long as its a standard one!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 indigo353

No, the clock timer is fine...I should add that the machine is crashing when I can get it booted - 1 out of 10 times is successful. When I did manage to hit the F2 button the timer there was fine...I'm not a technical person so I do need to have it looked at by someone - I simply can't find anyone other than Fujitsu right now and their time scale is a bit scary!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 425 ✭✭WillieDH

If it's a Lifebook and you bought it in Ireland, it has a 3 year warranty, go onto www.fujitsu-siemens.ie look for service pages, key in your serial number and your warranty will display.

Their repair centre is in Antrim by the way, technically the UK but not the same.

W

Advertisement