Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

VOIP Phone with SKYPE

Options
  • 14-06-2006 2:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,678 ✭✭✭

I am thinking of using the Skype inbound phone service. Has anybody used it? Whats it like? Please let me know.

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,476 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Doubt many people in Ireland have used it as they don't provide any geographical numbers for use in Ireland at present...basically it doesn't work

But I'm sure some of boards more international users will have some comments,.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,678 ✭✭✭jjbrien

I am plaing to geta New Jersey number as I have alot of family there. So thats why I want to try it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,678 ✭✭✭jjbrien

is there any good handsets i can yse please i need to know?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,494 ✭✭✭ronbyrne2005

we set up a uk phonenumber with skype for calls from clients in northern ireland and diverted the calls to an office landline,it cost the callers local rate,not sure if it cost us anything apart from any cost to set up number which we diverted to office phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 twentyfive

jjbrien wrote:
    I am plaing to geta New Jersey number as I have alot of family there. So thats why I want to try it.

There is a possibility ,that you can do this without using skype at all. Do you have a broadband connection ?

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 191 ✭✭malachy47

I use it with a Connecticut number for inbound. It works a charm. Calls go to VM if you choose not to answer or if you're offline.

Advertisement