Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Alarm Providers/Installers in Limerick?

Options
  • 14-06-2006 1:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 55,471 ✭✭✭✭

Hi folks,

Just bought a new house, and I'm looking to install an alarm. The house is wired for an alarm, so I assume that its just the bell/siren outside, and the control panel inside.

Can anyone recommend a provider/installer in Limerick?
    Anyone I should avoid?

Thanks in advance....

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭LB6

Pm Sent

• Registered Users Posts: 4,469 ✭✭✭sioda

SK security are very good number in the book

• Registered Users Posts: 55,471 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Thanks guys....

I had a look on goldenpages.ie for SK Security, and couldn't find them. I'll check a real phonebook tonight. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,348 ✭✭✭ricey

Clifford alarms are about the best.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,471 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Cliffords told me it would probably be 1200-1600 based on what I need. They're giving me a free onsite quotation this week. I'm not holding up much hope - if its over 800, then its out of my price range.

Its funny - I can get a top notch wireless system for 500-600, but to use the wiring that already exists in my house, I have to pay at least double?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭LB6

Dave,

PM sent with that number. Sorry I forgot all about it.

Shar.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,658 ✭✭✭donutheadhomer

I hate bumping threads but.. Hey guys. Is there any alarm installers that would install a house alarm in Dooradoyle Limerick for me ASAP. Also looking for security light for back garden on sensor there is a bulkhead type there now so small job. I've called 3 places here that are registered with PSA and they're looking for megabucks.
    System needs to be type that sends txt megssage to me/wife on activation. House is prewired nothing unusual 4 upstairs windows, front door, back door, bay window, kitchen window, outside bell, inside bell and the texter thingy. Thanks guys

• Registered Users Posts: 776 ✭✭✭Fries-With-That

You should find a proper professional company on here.

www.psa.gov.ie Look for Licence holders

If you don't find one that has a reasonable quote in the Limerick area, you could try companies from Tipperary or Clare.

I've called 3 places here that are registered with PSA and they're looking for megabucks.
    You should find a proper professional company on here.

www.psa.gov.ie Look for Licence holders

If you don't find one that has a reasonable quote in the Limerick area, you could try companies from Tipperary or Clare.

as above

• Registered Users Posts: 410 ✭✭B1977

Westside Security in Limerick, contact Barry

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

I have my alarm in from T&K Alarms. They only did my neighbours house recently with a new type of alarm box.

He is around €650-700 depending on your haggling for a main box on the front and a dummy box on the back and your standard 3 bed semi type setup of a new build. Varies of course depending on how many windows, doors etc.

It is not monitored. That is where the big bucks come in.

Give the boys a call. Nice guys.

http://www.tandkalarms.ie/

Berty wrote: »
    I have my alarm in from T&K Alarms. They only did my neighbours house recently with a new type of alarm box.

He is around €650-700 depending on your haggling for a main box on the front and a dummy box on the back and your standard 3 bed semi type setup of a new build. Varies of course depending on how many windows, doors etc.

you're a star Berty. I'll give t&K a call monday. I like the idea of it texting me if some scumbag kicks my door in.

you're a star Berty. I'll give t&K a call monday. I like the idea of it texting me if some scumbag kicks my door in.

I'd say ring him tomorrow. He was working the Saturday he installed my neighbours.

I'd say ring him tomorrow. He was working the Saturday he installed my neighbours.

even better

• Registered Users Posts: 51,158 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

+1 for these guys, Kieran did a really tidy and professional job on our house considering it wasn't prewired.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭Stab*City

DIY

• Registered Users Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭Raiser

Mr E wrote: »
    Cliffords told me it would probably be 1200-1600 based on what I need. They're giving me a free onsite quotation this week. I'm not holding up much hope - if its over 800, then its out of my price range.

Its funny - I can get a top notch wireless system for 500-600, but to use the wiring that already exists in my house, I have to pay at least double?
    I hate bumping threads but.. Hey guys. Is there any alarm installers that would install a house alarm in Dooradoyle Limerick for me ASAP. Also looking for security light for back garden on sensor there is a bulkhead type there now so small job. I've called 3 places here that are registered with PSA and they're looking for megabucks.
    System needs to be type that sends txt megssage to me/wife on activation. House is prewired nothing unusual 4 upstairs windows, front door, back door, bay window, kitchen window, outside bell, inside bell and the texter thingy. Thanks guys

In my opinion Cliffords alarms are trading off a long established good reputation that will cost you an absolute fortune, I consider their prices to be extremely high for products and services that are available to the same standard a lot cheaper almost anywhere else.

T&K Alarms installed my alarm for me, at the time I believe it was the owner founders I met Tristan & Kieran (I think!) two professional and friendly People who were happy to answer any queries and get things done on your terms etc.

They had been recommended on to me by a friend who was very happy with the product, work and final price - I was also happy on every detail - especially regarding the very competitive price.

Long after the fitting I called to query a point and they arrived out to check everything out - Offered to call that morning, called that afternoon and insisted that there was no charge for first year after installation.

I have a HKC system which I recommend and I also have the SMS/Text sender installed which is an excellent idea, well implemented and very much worth having - I think you can enter 7-8 mobile numbers so that if the alarm does sound and you happen to be in Barbados then 8 of your Mates will arrive and start thrashing Hiaces and Scumbags with rusty crowbars.....

I'd better add the required statement that I honestly do not know these People personally or anyone connected with them - Simply more than happy to recommend.....

Got this fitted today for a VERY good price. They're a nice bunch of lads and VERY neat work. Couldn't praise the job enough.

Thanks for the advice berty

Got this fitted today for a VERY good price. They're a nice bunch of lads and VERY neat work. Couldn't praise the job enough.

Thanks for the advice berty

Glad to hear it. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 36 Jonathan K

I was looking around for an alarm system for a while and got VIP security to do it. Lovely job, David's sound as a pound.
    Getting him back to electrify the gates once I get a few bob together.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,761 ✭✭✭Ah-Watch

Jonathan K wrote: »
    I was looking around for an alarm system for a while and got VIP security to do it. Lovely job, David's sound as a pound.
    Getting him back to electrify the gates once I get a few bob together.

I spoke to this dude a few months ago when he called into our workplace. Nice guy actually and was more than happy to advise me on a gsm system to add to our current alarm set up which is 22 years old , think its a sonic something or other. May actually get back onto him as they were far cheaper than our local alarm installer in North Tipperary and thinking of getting rid of the landline which is only there really for the alarm

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 4,621 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. G

Ah-Watch wrote: »
    I spoke to this dude a few months ago when he called into our workplace. Nice guy actually and was more than happy to advise me on a gsm system add to our current alarm set up which is 22 years old , think its a sonic something or other. May actually get back onto him as they were far cheaper than our local alarm installer in North Tipperary and thinking of getting rid of the landline which is only there really for the alarm

Visonic perhaps?

Just be aware that GSM is easily jammed and is no longer seen as secure enough for security systems. I am surprised he did not mention this to you.

There's a Home security systems forum that's surprisingly busy which might have some recommendations also: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=1366

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,203 ✭✭✭Parchment

Cliffords - trustworthy.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,905 ✭✭✭steveon

John Hanly Gta Alarns just did mine would highly recommend and Psa listed.

http://gta.ie/

Advertisement