Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Uh oh... lump... my chest area...

Options
  • 14-06-2006 11:41am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 850 ✭✭✭

OK I know I am not going to get any medical advice and I won't take anyones opinions as medical fact etc.

I've had a mild pain (sometimes) at the bottom of my left lung (where the bottom rib ends) for at least 10 years. It only hurts if I jump up and down. If I smoke a red rash appears in the place where the pain is.

Well, I've just rubbed the area and I can feel a hard lump there under the skin. I've never noticed this before.

It doesn't hurt if I touch it.

I'm kind of worried now...

Does anyone else have weird lumps under their skin on their body? Is this normal? Can cancer take 10+ years to grow?

I'm going to go to the doctor about this, but if anyone has ever found anything like this on their body, I'd like to know!!!

Thanks.

Edit: the lung area does hurt sometimes for no reason, especially if I lie on it. Other than that, I am very healthy. Uhh scary...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,541 ✭✭✭finnpark

Its very unlikely to be cancer imo and I think you will find out about this. There are many reasons why people get lumps, infections, glands swelling etc. The doctor will give you more advice. If its been there for 10 years its probably not cancer although anything can turn cancerous if left untreated I beleive.

So dont worry too much but dont let the doc phob you off either with anti-biotics. Try to push him/her for proper examinations , scans etc for piece of mind if nothingelse. Good Luck :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

Go to the dr.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement