Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Don't know what to do!

Options
  • 14-06-2006 9:36am
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

ok ive been dying to go away to oz for a few years now and finally in october me and a few mates are goin for the year but ive just met this girl and im mad about her, its magic so now i dont know that to do, what would u do? stay in Ireland with her or head off with her in your mind

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,097 ✭✭✭Darragh29

I had this dilema in college years ago. My mates were all going to the US for the summer and asked me to go, I wouldn't 'cos I was going out with this girl at the time & didn't want to leave her. Looking back I missed out on a "once in a lifetime" opportunity, I broke up with the girl the following year and had been going out with her for about 3 years at this stage. What I'd say is that unless the two of you are that serious to the point where you are talking engagement, either go away together or you go on your own with your mates, especially if you are not long together.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,236 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

Unreg17256 wrote:
    ive just met this girl and im mad about her, its magic so now i dont know that to do, what would u do?

Oz is just a place. She is a real. Then again...

You have to ask yourself if what you feel for her (having "just met") is mere infatuation or the beginnings of true love. This would allow you to answer your own question.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭Ag marbh

You can go away and still stay with someone. I'm with my girlfriend nearly 3 years and shes going away with her college mates for 7 weeks while i'll be doing my own thing during the Summer. No plans to breakup or let it effect us whatsoever.

Edit - Realised its for a year. It would be insane not to go away to Oz. Really stupid if you ask me..

• Registered Users Posts: 575 ✭✭✭Strokesfan

Leave, leave, leave you're young - she can come meet up with you for a free holiday if you keep in touch! Don't stay, you'l regret it...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,634 ✭✭✭Kolodny

Oz is just a place. She is a real.

Is Oz not a real place? :)

OP: It's a tough one but my advice would be go for the trip - if things are going to work out with this girl then maybe she'll come and join you for some of it. You'll regret it so much if you stay and things don't work out with her. Even if you stay together, you could end up resenting her for you not going (it happens).

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,820 ✭✭✭Femelade

Just go!!!, you've only just met her! If ye are still together when october comes she might wait for you (maybe? no?)

Anyway Oz is an opportunity of a lifetime. dont miss out, some of us already have! :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 344 ✭✭Dreamer 7

You always have a what if.. if you dont go, and you may end up resenting her for it. Its only a yr and a she can go out to you for a holiday too :)

• Registered Users Posts: 618 ✭✭✭CrazySka

Bring her with you or see if she ll go over for a few weeks in the middle of the trip, that d at least break up the time you ll be away from her

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭fuzzywiggle

Go! Things may not work out with her and then you'll b be just stuck at home! If you're meant to be together you can always pick up where you left off when you come back!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 122 ✭✭Vulpiner

In an ideal world, you could bring her with you! Not an option, maybe in your case?

What would I do? If I felt alot for her I would stay, with the possiblility of both of you heading off to Australia in a few months/years.

• Advertisement
Advertisement