Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NDP signs madness

Options
  • 13-06-2006 11:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,772 ✭✭✭

This madness has to stop. I'm in Ireland at the moment and can't help but notice that these signs are everywhere. If as much as a cycle lane is built, massive metal NDP sign is put up, telling us that the government paid for it. These signs are everywhere and they seem to be permanent. It's a terrible waste of resources and looks like free advertising for the government.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 286 ✭✭dr zoidberg

It's ridiculous. It's one thing having them there when a project is under construction but another to leave them there forever. They are total eyesores and blatant advertising, as you put it, for the government. The way they are you'd forget it was your own taxes paying for all these projects.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,331 ✭✭✭MarkoP11

Best one has to be projects funded way back in 1996/7 which were complete or almost complete by 2000 which have the logo tacked on, now way are they in the NDP

Its started all over again with Transport 21, the 20 new buses were already paid for before it was even announced

Its more of the recycle announcements rubbish everything must be promised at least 3 times before something actually happens

• Registered Users Posts: 2,461 ✭✭✭popebenny16

NDP signs are fulling our ecominic growth! The more projects, the more signs, the more people employed on the making of signed, the more money in the economiy, the more money available for more projects, the more projects, the more signs, the more people employed on the making of the signs, the more money in the ecomony....................

We'll soon have an infation of signs!!! Bigger signs!!! Signs worth 10,000 old signs!!! We'll buy things in the shops with NDP signs. My copy of Heat magazine will bew 1.25 NDP signs. Special wallets will have to be built to house them, funded form the NDP, which will mean more NDP signs. NDP sign banks will eb created and soon we'll go electronic NDP, and the signs will be come vitual, and lads from Nigeria will set up pshing sites to scam you out of NDP signs. What a vision, what a utopia! La la la la la la la la la.......

• Registered Users Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭nordydan

NDP signs are fulling our ecominic growth! The more projects, the more signs, the more people employed on the making of signed, the more money in the economiy, the more money available for more projects, the more projects, the more signs, the more people employed on the making of the signs, the more money in the ecomony....................

We'll soon have an infation of signs!!! Bigger signs!!! Signs worth 10,000 old signs!!! We'll buy things in the shops with NDP signs. My copy of Heat magazine will bew 1.25 NDP signs. Special wallets will have to be built to house them, funded form the NDP, which will mean more NDP signs. NDP sign banks will eb created and soon we'll go electronic NDP, and the signs will be come vitual, and lads from Nigeria will set up pshing sites to scam you out of NDP signs. What a vision, what a utopia! La la la la la la la la la.......

Its the sign of the times alright.

Sign-ed,
    Nordydan,
    Downpatrick,
    Co. Down,
    Occupied 6 County Orange Statelet,
    Empire of the Sassenach.

• Registered Users Posts: 78,309 ✭✭✭✭Victor

My copy of Heat magazine will bew 1.25 NDP signs. Special wallets will have to be built to house them, funded form the NDP, which will mean more NDP signs.
    Get printing your lunch money.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 678 ✭✭✭jmkennedyie

Some NDP signs could be a safety issue too? I seem to recall on recent motorways / HQDC that the big Blue or Green road signs explaining upcoming junctions etc. are shielded with crash barriers while the NDP signs are not shielded, yet are just as strong / dangerous if you drive into them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

I've been grumbling about this for years. The 'new' N25 stretch between
    Lemybrien and Carrols Cross has been open for oh 3 years at least and the fecking signs are still up.

Someone paid handsomely to get those sign contracts I bet.

Mike.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,772 ✭✭✭Lennoxschips

in holland they are made out of wood and taken down after the project is finished

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,977 Mod ✭✭✭✭spacetweek

mike65 wrote:
    I've been grumbling about this for years. The 'new' N25 stretch between Lemybrien and Carrols Cross has been open for oh 3 years at least and the fecking signs are still up.
    Someone paid handsomely to get those sign contracts I bet.
    Mike.
    The issue of NDP signs staying up was discussed in another thread (sorry, no link.) Someone contacted the gov and was told that the signs are staying up until the end of the NDP, i.e. 2006. So they'll still be there another 6 months.

I hope they get busy after that though. I'm sick of them too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,772 ✭✭✭Lennoxschips

you can be sure that they'll be left up untill the election

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 78,309 ✭✭✭✭Victor

spacetweek wrote:
    Someone contacted the gov and was told that the signs are staying up until the end of the NDP, i.e. 2006.
    At which point "2000-2006" will be scratched out and replaced with "2007-2013"

Advertisement