Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

incredible veneers

Options
  • 13-06-2006 7:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭

Hi
    Winwood veneers

This is a new company for me, they sell beautiful solid hardwood panels in ten species, bulletproof panels (!!) and incredible veneered panels.

Check out the above link for 230 veneers, sort them by price and check out the most expensive... some of them hardly look like wood at all, they are so unusual.

Maple Burr is lovely and check out the quilted maple, incredible.

And to think, you can have any of these veneered onto a base panel of your choice... including composite panels of your specification! How I'd love to be a shopfitter doing large jobs, airports etc so I could use this company and have custom panels made.

Has anybody ever seen a company that can rival Winwood for choice and technical expertise in panel production?

I don't work for them by the way even though it might seem like it... :p

Cheers
    Joe

Custom pine furniture.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 680 ✭✭✭Salmon

Lmao @ this!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭Fingalian

Joe,
    Did you ever buy any stuff from these guys?
    F

• Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭JoeB-

Salmon wrote:
    Lmao @ this!!!
    Why? What's so funny?

Anyway Fingalian, no I haven't bought anything from them... it was mainly their solid hardwood panels I was interested in, the veneers just look amazing and it's a good reference for timber appearance...

House of Woods c/o The Panelling Center in Santry sell hardwood panels, produced by an Austrian company that also make their hardwood worktops... They only have three core hardwood panels (like plywood) available, no hardwood panels made like laminated pine boards and they're not stock items.

I'll most likely be getting single ply hardwood panels from a English producer whom I indirectly buy bale lots of pineboard from at the moment, just found out they make hardwood panels as well...

I'm into the more traditional painted furniture right now so I may not bother with the panels for a while...
    tn_hand-painted-kitchen-01.jpgHandpainted kitchen

Cheers
    Joe

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

Joe I am looking for 6mm maple venered ply or mdf - having little luck doing web searches - really need some phone numbers so that my dad can ring around & find what he is looking for - can you help??

Thanks

Faye

Advertisement