Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ballymacool, Letterkenny

Options
  • 13-06-2006 5:22pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,673 ✭✭✭

Hey, hoping someone from Letterkenny can help me!
    Have just bought a lovely 3-bed house, an investment property in Ballymacool Wood and have a couple of questions about Letterkenny. Could someone from there PM me so I can ask a few questions?
    Thanks a mill in advance ;)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 345 ✭✭eiretamicha

I just wanted to say congratulations!! Your house and property sound beautiful!! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 45,953 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Miss Fluff wrote:
    Hey, hoping someone from Letterkenny can help me!............................ Could someone from there PM me so I can ask a few questions?
    Strange sort of request. The boards are used for discussions, debates etc. and really not for Pm's on opening post :rolleyes:

Have a look here. Might be of help

• Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭Damien Blake

Miss Fluff wrote:
    Hey, hoping someone from Letterkenny can help me!
    Have just bought a lovely 3-bed house, an investment property in Ballymacool Wood and have a couple of questions about Letterkenny. Could someone from there PM me so I can ask a few questions?

As Muffler says, we can get plenty of info here for you. If I can be of any help, send me a pm (or check my website on http://www.damienblake.com/). There's quite a bit happening in the Ballymacool area, including this sports complex and a new 20 acre park.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,152 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

What number in ballymacool? id like to meet miss fluff....

retalivity wrote:
    What number in ballymacool? id like to meet miss fluff....
    Oh behave you naughty boy :D

• Advertisement

muffler wrote:
    Oh behave you naughty boy :D

But look at the signature!!!!!:) :):)

retalivity wrote:
    But look at the signature!!!!!:) :):)
    Schhhhhhhhhhh. Dont tell anyone else ;)

Christ, Damien Blake's on the prowl too. Now you know why he is so keen to help.

Join the queue lads and keep the handcuffs hidden :D

• Registered Users Posts: 21,676 ✭✭✭✭smashey

Mmmmmmmmm. S. & M.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,888 ✭✭✭nanook

lads

back to thread and wipe the drool off of the floor

Thank youi

shold have mentioned this earlier, miss muff, as muffler said this is an open forum so if you have any questions please ask,

Judging by the attention you are getting, it wont be long before you get some replies.
    Welcome to the north west forum and happy posting

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,673 ✭✭✭Miss Fluff

OMG, I think I had better change my signature :confused::confused:

Basically I've bought a 3-bed in Ballymacool Wood (The Garden) and I'm hoping this will be completed in about 8 weeks. It's an investment property so hoping to rent it out. I've heard that rental opportunities are good in Letterkenny, is this true? Also, I live in Dublin so will need to have the property managed. Can you recommend anyone good in Letterkenny. There's a Jim Moore property management company. Have you heard of this guy/his reputation? Also, what's the general consensus in the town with regard to property? As far as I can see, it's still SERIOUSLY undervalued. As a local, can you see the property prices increasing dramatically or do people think they will stay in and around the same price range? Sorry for all the questions!! Any other info on Letterkenny you think I should know I'd really appreciate it! I have done my own research obviously and know the town well but I wasn't born or bred in the town so some local insight would be very helpful. Thanks for getting back to me, MF ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,673 ✭✭✭Miss Fluff

nanook wrote:
    shold have mentioned this earlier, miss muff, as muffler said

Fluff, Miss Fluff, not Miss Muff ROFL:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,356 ✭✭✭Donegal Lass

ha ok as far as i kno you'l b grand, it aint that bad up there but word of warning.........watch d lads (as you've prob seen from above) haha:D

Miss Fluff wrote:
    Fluff, Miss Fluff, not Miss Muff ROFL:D
    I will apologise on behalf of my co-mod. He seemed to have got distracted for whatever reason ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,356 ✭✭✭Donegal Lass

muffler wrote:
    I will apologise on behalf of my co-mod. He seemed to have got distracted for whatever reason ;)

see?? haha:D

Miss Fluff wrote:
    OMG, I think I had better change my signature :confused::confused:

Basically I've bought a 3-bed in Ballymacool Wood (The Garden) and I'm hoping this will be completed in about 8 weeks. It's an investment property so hoping to rent it out. I've heard that rental opportunities are good in Letterkenny, is this true? Also, I live in Dublin so will need to have the property managed. Can you recommend anyone good in Letterkenny. There's a Jim Moore property management company. Have you heard of this guy/his reputation? Also, what's the general consensus in the town with regard to property? As far as I can see, it's still SERIOUSLY undervalued. As a local, can you see the property prices increasing dramatically or do people think they will stay in and around the same price range? Sorry for all the questions!! Any other info on Letterkenny you think I should know I'd really appreciate it! I have done my own research obviously and know the town well but I wasn't born or bred in the town so some local insight would be very helpful. Thanks for getting back to me, MF ;)

I think the property market will continue to grow for a while yet. As an investment your house will certainly increase its value over time and yes there are opportunities for letting.

My concern at the moment would be the sheer amount of property that is available for renting/letting. The supply has IMO now fairly well caught up with the demand. I would be a bit more cautious in say 2 or 3 years from now.

As Im not from Letterkenny I am just expressing a few general views but perhaps the town brigade who post here will offer a bit more advice and Damien Blake is a good man to contact if for no other reason than he is town mayor.

On the subject of posting you will see that it is better to post on thread here rather than just look to make private contact with someone.

My concern at the moment would be the sheer amount of property that is available for renting/letting. The supply has IMO now fairly well caught up with the demand. I would be a bit more cautious in say 2 or 3 years from now.

seconded.
    ive been tryin to get someone into a room in my house for weeks no with no success. the dealer is choc-a-bloc with houses and rooms for let, its a saturated market.

one thing to note about reneting property is location.

Where about is your house located in relation to the amenities, college, industries, town center etc.

Then closer to all of these, then the quicker you will rent

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,111 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Ballymacool seems like quite a popular area, and not too far from a 24 hour shop (Blacks Centra), Dunnes (though this is moving) and the bottom of main street.

Was actually keen on renting in Ballymacool at the start, though ended up in Glencar Scotch instead!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,333 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

I've toying with the idea of buy an investment property at home in Letterkenny but the town is saturated with rental properties and would be badly hit in any whiff of an economic downturn. the plus side for me is that it would keep a home link for me as a long term return to my native peoples.

Anyhow too late for you but as a rental investment, ideally you'd wnat to be as close to the centreof town as possible. An ideal location is Ard O' Donnell. Old houses but well located.

• Advertisement

Downturn in economics is on of those things what will happen and if we had a crystal ball then we would all know the outcome we would all be buying. But the thinig is we do not know the future for investment property's.

Specualtion is the name of the game and taking chances is the is the role we play.

Miss Fluff, you have taken a chance and it will pay off, people nowadays are all gloom and doom and the market is going to crash and the end of the world is nigh with fire and brimstone and and and and ........ (you get teh picture), but here is the point, your house value has iincreased from the moment you paid your deposit to the time you got the keys, you have already made a profit.
    If, and i only say if, the rental market is slow dont worry, if you can ride it through to september then everything will be fine, i was a student there once, there is an abundence of people scouring around the place looking for a new home. Ideally you will ger workers who are not seasonal, but here is the main point, you will get tenenants and then the pressure is off.

Well done on the investment and keep us posted as to what happens

Advertisement