Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Installer/price for CK7W in a 05 mini?

Options
  • 13-06-2006 12:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,349 ✭✭✭

Hi,

First post in motors, be gentle :)

Does anyone know who might do a Nokia CK7W car kit install (bluetooth only, not the cradle) in Dublin, preferably northside? Any ideas on price for install only (I will source the kit myself)?

Its going into an 05 Mini One with Wave radio - I want to get the radio mute/"sound from the speakers" thing set up. Would an installer have the relevant adapter for the Wave or should I source that myself as well?

I had thought about doing this myself (I've installed an aux input for the headunit before) but the routing of the mic in particular sends shivers up my spine :-)

Any help would be gratefully received.

Cheers,
    C

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,336 ✭✭✭Bluehair

I got mine put in by carkits.ie , came when they said they would and had the job done in less than half an hour.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,675 ✭✭✭whippet

I got mine done by carkits.ie too, again ontime, gone in half an hour. I got the cradle with the charger installed too (makes it easier to use the phone)

I mentioned about using the car stereo speakers for the sound and the installer didn't recommend it, as usually the volume is too loud. The nokia speaker is fine, it's hidden away and the volume is controlled by the little 'bluetooth' button on the dash, it also mutes the stereo.

I don't know what they charge for the install, it was paid for by the company.

Check out www.expansys.ie for pricing, much cheaper than any bricks and morter place. Delivery in a few days.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,245 ✭✭✭drdre

i got my ck7w installed from carkits.ie , got it done as a nixer for 50 euro.it was a good bargain

• Registered Users Posts: 1,349 ✭✭✭Phibsboro

Hi Guys,

Thanks for all the advice - I ordered the install from carkits.ie at 75 euros. Guy arrived out to my office at lunchtime today. He was an Eastern European bloke, listened to exactly what I wanted and did a very neat job. He got the mic up to the roof console location that I asked for and also brought down an aux lead that I ordered along with the kit ( got the kit and aux all pre connected together from newministuff.co.uk).

BTW, the kit was wired to bring the sound out through the speakers (the guy in the UK didn't even ship me the nokia speaker) and it sounds great. The whole mute thing is pretty cool as well - when a call comes in the radio mutes and says MUTE on the display :D

Thanks again for the lead to carkits...

C

Advertisement