Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

any one going to Regency 2nite?

Options
  • 13-06-2006 11:15am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,450 ✭✭✭

just wondering if any one is thiking of going to the GJP 100 FO game 2nite?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,860 ✭✭✭ditpoker

GJP are also running the Garda Clubgame on harrington st tonight from 7.30 i think. ALOT of dead money in it i'm told. Rebuy structure. Dont know many details at all but meant to be very soft.

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

I'll be at the regency. :)

DeV.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,440 ✭✭✭califano

ditpoker wrote:
    GJP are also running the Garda Clubgame on harrington st tonight from 7.30 i think. ALOT of dead money in it i'm told.

Dont you mean municipal workers!?.

"Hey thats a hell of an elk!"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 238 ✭✭EARMUFFS

What time is it on at? And where exactly is it?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,140 ✭✭✭ocallagh

ill be at regency

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭karlh

ditpoker wrote:
    GJP are also running the Garda Clubgame on harrington st tonight from 7.30 i think. ALOT of dead money in it i'm told. Rebuy structure. Dont know many details at all but meant to be very soft.

guh?

cant get the gjp website, what's the story with this game?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,506 ✭✭✭Shortstack

Our website is in transition from one server to another at the moment so is temporarily unavailable.

The Regency Hotel is on the North side of Dublin on the N1 just before you get to the port tunnel roadworks. If you get to the Skylon Hotel you have gone to far.

It is a €100 + €15 Freeze Out, Dealers supplied, 5000 starting chips and 20 minute blinds. 8pm ish start.

Usually 3 tables, mixed quality of player. Ocallagh cashed 2 weeks in a row and Christy Smith chopped it 2 weeks in a row. NTLBell has never made the money but RoryC did on his only appearance so far. White Knight has won it and Gholi usually puts in a good effort. MrPillowtalk normally there to donate and fellow Citywest Cashers Tony Baitson & Fergus Atkinson regulars also. There are usually a few travellers from our Drogheda tournaments.

You TD for the night is the one and only DeVore.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,288 ✭✭✭✭ntlbell

Shortstack wrote:
    Our website is in transition from one server to another at the moment so is temporarily unavailable.

The Regency Hotel is on the North side of Dublin on the N1 just before you get to the port tunnel roadworks. If you get to the Skylon Hotel you have gone to far.

It is a €100 + €15 Freeze Out, Dealers supplied, 5000 starting chips and 20 minute blinds. 8pm ish start.

Usually 3 tables, mixed quality of player. Ocallagh cashed 2 weeks in a row and Christy Smith chopped it 2 weeks in a row. NTLBell has never made the money but RoryC did on his only appearance so far. White Knight has won it and Gholi usually puts in a good effort. MrPillowtalk normally there to donate and fellow Citywest Cashers Tony Baitson & Fergus Atkinson regulars also. There are usually a few travellers from our Drogheda tournaments.

You TD for the night is the one and only DeVore.

So me and eoin are the fish? :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,600 ✭✭✭roryc

id go but the Brazil match is on......

• Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭karlh

Shortstack wrote:
    There are usually a few travellers from our Drogheda tournaments.

and a nice big carpark for the caravans! :)

so what's the story with this Garda Club tourney?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,882 ✭✭✭Doc Farrell

ditpoker wrote:

I have no interest in playing against the o'callaghan brothers or gholimoli and roryc for the simple fact that I will most likely not win.

however what's the story with his one? is it open to non-cops? how much etc? any info gjp?

cheers,d.

• Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭Lex

karlh wrote:
    so what's the story with this Garda Club tourney?

Caught a hanger, Sarge.

image_08a.jpg

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,252 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

Shortstack wrote:

I played this once and cashed or maybe it was a dream,Mike...?

PS:I feel all left out and lonely.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,450 ✭✭✭Gholimoli

any report on this,was gonna play it but damn Brazil match got the better of me.it was a ****e match as well.

Dub13 wrote:
    I played this once and cashed or maybe it was a dream,Mike...?

PS:I feel all left out and lonely.

Not playing a hand for 4 hours does not qialifiy as a cash

• Registered Users Posts: 7,754 ✭✭✭ianmc38

Gholimoli wrote:
    any report on this,was gonna play it but damn Brazil match got the better of me.it was a ****e match as well.

You serious? I thought it was a good game.

ianmc38 wrote:
    You serious? I thought it was a good game.

I think what he meant was Brazil didn't turn up, no circus, just a real game of football, which alot of people don't like.

Great match.

ntlbell wrote:
    Not playing a hand for 4 hours does not qialifiy as a cash

I seem to remember you making a dart for the exit fairly early :p

Dub13 wrote:
    I seem to remember you making a dart for the exit fairly early :p

Wasn't that early!

Not my fault people get dealt AA when I have a monster 68s

ntlbell wrote:

Not my fault people get dealt AA when I have a monster 68s

Youve got to stop playing that muck!. Remember NEVER raise with muck after early limpers;)

Oh the wisdom!

• Advertisement

Youve got to stop playing that muck!. Remember NEVER raise with muck after early limpers;)

Oh the wisdom!

He hadn't limped imagine! someone playing AA correctly! That's what put me off.

ntlbell wrote:
    He hadn't limped imagine! someone playing AA correctly! That's what put me off.

lol. Good one!. Were a suspicious bunch.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,506 ✭✭✭Shortstack

Unfortunately the Brazil match got the better of most people and there were not enough players to run the game.

Some people need to sort out their priorities :)

PS. Dub13, how do you expect me to remember you were there, I can't recall you ever being in a hand, I may have stepped out for a few seconds when you got knocked out :)

Shortstack wrote:
    PS. Dub13, how do you expect me to remember you were there, I can't recall you ever being in a hand, I may have stepped out for a few seconds when you got knocked out :)

Your memory must be crap,not only did you hand me a couple of hundred euro but I hung around to see Ocallagh and Christy split it.

I think it may be a case of far to many disco biscuits back in the late 80s.

Advertisement