Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Favourite noise of the game?

Options
  • 12-06-2006 8:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,273 ✭✭✭

Just realised how much of golf is based around sound at the weekend. Be it your driver connecting with the ball perfectly, the sound the ball makes going into the hole, the swoosh of your 7 iron as you hit a perfect shot to the green or even the birds singing as you walk around.

My fav is hearing somebody else shout 4!!!! but hey i'm just enjoy others pain.

Care to share yours.......

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭J.R.HARTLEY

i love the sound of the ball dropping into the hole, plus the sound that most flags make when they're blowing in the wind.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,036 ✭✭✭garred

Love the sound of euro notes as they rustle going into your back pocket after beating the guy your playing against.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 369 ✭✭GreenHorn

Gotta be the ball landing in the hole when ya drain a raker... GET IN! Although the sound of a perfectly flushed drive is a joy to behold also...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 741 ✭✭✭michaelanthony

The ping when the driver makes a perfect connection with the ball.

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭Wigertoods

Ah has to be the noise of the ball hitting the bottom of the cup.
    Especially when it's a long putt for birdie !!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,258 ✭✭✭swingking

Gotta be the sound of a perfectly executed bunker shot that fizzes when the club makes contact with the sand

• Closed Accounts Posts: 387 ✭✭css

Noise? What noise? You don't hear noise if you're concentrating.. what kinda silly question is that... ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭Howitzer

the fizzy sound as the ball rips into the air, air swirling in its dimples

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,528 ✭✭✭foxyboxer

my five iron struck perfectly from the turf...mmmmmmm...sounds just like it ought to y'know?

• Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭O.P.H

All of those sounds are to do with successful shots but just purely on sound alone- when you do a flop shot onto the green and you get that lumpy, thuddy, woody, clump of a sound like your hitting wood with your nuckle, I love that.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,528 ✭✭✭foxyboxer

in my dreams...
    the crowd cheering as I walk up 18 at Carnoustie next year

• Registered Users Posts: 23,128 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

i love the sound of a solid iron , sexual

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,764 Mod ✭✭✭✭ToxicPaddy

The ping when the driver makes a perfect connection with the ball.

Have to agree with that one.. definitetly the sweetest sound is that of a driver connecting with the ball perfectly and the ball sailing sweetly down the middle of the fairway!! :)

Advertisement