Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is there any problem with using UK phones on VOIP

Options
  • 12-06-2006 6:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12,547 ✭✭✭✭

Listen got the linksys PAP and pay as you go account with Blueface, have 6 meg NTL package (which is a bit up and down re quality and speed), but I am using a Samsung Dect phone that I had bought in Dixons a few years back, this has a uk phone connector on it so am using an adaptor to allow me to use it in the Linksys, calls are fine for the first 3 minutes, then people I ring around the country complain of noise on the line and they cannot here me, it comes back good again for a few minutes and drops off. I wonder if its an issue with the phone rather then the service? Anyone using a UK Dect phone care to comment?

Thanks

Snake ;)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,456 ✭✭✭FSL

I'm using a UK Dect phone on Blueface using an adapter. The only time I have problems is when the Broadband connection is low or slow (i.e.) long pauses.

Advertisement