Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What to do?

Options
  • 12-06-2006 9:23am
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

I have been going out my boyfriend for over a year now and we are getting along so well it almost seems unreal. He means the world to me and we and wish that i was better at showing that to him. Is there anything really special that i can do for him? I don't really want go out on a spending spree for him or anything. I want to do something meaningfull. I cant think of anything that will be really special.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 344 ✭✭Dreamer 7

Do you live together or have a chance of a free house some evening?? My man loves me to cook his fav dinner and give him a mans bunch of flowers which is a 6 pack of beer :)
    Listen when he talks about what he enjoys and possibly give him anything he wants in bed for one night only.................that way you can enjoy it too!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,946 ✭✭✭BeardyGit

Write him a letter. Really. Write down your thoughts and let him know how much he means to you..... Then post it to him.

It's surprising, as it's not a bill. It's personal (not like email/text etc) and it's terribly romantic in this day and age. Who writes letters any more? That always gets me anyway. :D

The bedroom adventures suggestion could be good too - But I'd be inclined to wait until he received a letter first and only head upstairs if his response is equally romantic. Well, maybe if he shows a little hint of it anyway! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭Dors1976

Maybe a picnic? Or a drive to somewhere down the country where you have never been before, either of you and then that's a special place for you both? A nice walk on the beach barefoot? Or even a nice massage?
    Let us know what you decide on.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭onemanband

2 options:

1. A spa weekend somewhere. Some guys may shudder at this but in actual fact guys do not take the time to plan proper relaxation time. It also very a very romantic and personal experience to share.

2. Failing that, the "slave for a day" option is also a guaranteed winner.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,097 ✭✭✭Darragh29

Here's an idea if he's into the outdoors...

Get him a few cans (6) of his fav beer, a bottle or two of red & white wine or some shorts like JD or Vodka, etc, get a tent and some bits & pieces to go camping for a night, head off up to the mountains, way off road so you won't have any skangers joining you & wrecking your heads, and bring along some things you can cook on a nice low wood campfire while enjoying a few beers and a drop of wine, (things like pork skewers, chicken pieces, sausages, a few sauces from Mc Donalds like sweet & sour & curry sauce, BBQ sauce, etc, or get the sauces in Superquinn).

If you pick the right night weather wise, probably a clear starry night and the right location, (there are loads of remote places near Dublin you could go where you would be totally isolated and have no worries about edgits harassing you. Bring a radio along, if he likes (a) beer, (b) the countryside and (c) likes eating meat, this would be the ideal surprise for him! And it costs so little, he would know that you made a big effort...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 818 ✭✭✭idontknowmyname

A nice meal is always great, go during mid week when it's not busy in restaurants. Make the effort and dress us, stops familiarity setting in. Or if you don't want to spend money on going out, cook him a meal at home followed with dessert that can be double as dessert and for something which can be kept for use later on in the night:D follow it with a nice massage and just tell him how much he means to you eye to eye.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,230 ✭✭✭scojones

Darragh29 wrote:
    Here's an idea if he's into the outdoors...

Get him a few cans (6) of his fav beer, a bottle or two of red & white wine or some shorts like JD or Vodka, etc, get a tent and some bits & pieces to go camping for a night, head off up to the mountains, way off road so you won't have any skangers joining you & wrecking your heads, and bring along some things you can cook on a nice low wood campfire while enjoying a few beers and a drop of wine, (things like pork skewers, chicken pieces, sausages, a few sauces from Mc Donalds like sweet & sour & curry sauce, BBQ sauce, etc, or get the sauces in Superquinn).

If you pick the right night weather wise, probably a clear starry night and the right location, (there are loads of remote places near Dublin you could go where you would be totally isolated and have no worries about edgits harassing you. Bring a radio along, if he likes (a) beer, (b) the countryside and (c) likes eating meat, this would be the ideal surprise for him! And it costs so little, he would know that you made a big effort...

Perfect. If someone did this for me I'd be considering marriage.

sjones wrote:
    Perfect. If someone did this for me I'd be considering marriage.

lol, I'm still waiting! We did this 2 years ago but I had to organise it and my gf got eaten by midgets but that was more down to the venue we picked inside a forest than anything else! I think it's the little things that cost shag all that mean more than big fancy expensive shebangs...

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

That idea is great, Darragh! It's incredibly romantic too.

Make sure you cook the food properly!! Food poisoning would spoil the mood :).

Faith wrote:
    That idea is great, Darragh! It's incredibly romantic too.

Make sure you cook the food properly!! Food poisoning would spoil the mood :).

Yeah, if I was doing it again, I'd cook the meat and put everything on skewers beforehand, and then do it again on the campfire to get the outdoor/BBQ flavour. It's handier that way 'cos you've done all the organising beforehand! I'd also bring much more booze, 'cos for some reason you drink twice as quick when you do this, can't understand it myself, but we ran outa booze after two hours into the exercise!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,807 ✭✭✭chump

Gil_Dub wrote:
    Write him a letter. Really. Write down your thoughts and let him know how much he means to you..... Then post it to him.

It's surprising, as it's not a bill. It's personal (not like email/text etc) and it's terribly romantic in this day and age. Who writes letters any more? That always gets me anyway. :D

Terrible idea... terrrrible. Give him a good rogering. Treat him to good food, and good drink, and good sex, and buy him toys...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

What does he like? If hes a footy fan maybe get him a trip over to see his club favourite team play, get 2 tickets aswell so he can bring a mate/you.

Thing of something that will suit his interests. Its hard for us to give ideas when we dont know what he likes or his hobbies.

A 3some with your hottest friend could be another good idea.

P.S letter idea is a shocker alright.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,698 ✭✭✭InFront

How to please a man

Feed Him
    Have sex with Him

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,946 ✭✭✭BeardyGit

Seriously, my ex used to make me these cool cards and write me letters. It always floated my boat.... I guess maybe you'd have to see one of 'em to know what I mean :o

Then again, it's possible I'm a maladjusted weirdo with little idea of what the real world is like....You wouldn't be the first to suggest it. That said, I don't know what's so special about having the socks blown off you in the bedroom - I'd take that as a given to be honest! If that wasn't happening in the first place, I don't know if I'd be much impressed with a box of chicken nuggets and a fumble in a sleeping bag! :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,807 ✭✭✭chump

You're just an old romantic ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,754 ✭✭✭ianmc38

InFront wrote:
    How to please a man

Feed Him
    Have sex with Him

Word.

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

thats a great idea darragh. I have thought about a few things like that but the problem is there is no was for us to get away to do something like that. And cooking dinner for him is nice but its just not romantic enough. Want to make a lasting impression! he is pretty active guy. doesn't like football! Ahhh,cant think of what to do:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 757 ✭✭✭milod

ianmc38 wrote:
    Word.

Yeah! the word is shallow ;) it's easy to treat a man though:

Buy some underwear (hint: if it's comfy it aint sexy)
    Do something, wearing that underwear, that you wouldn't normally do for him...:D
    Feed him
    Tell him exactly why you did all of that...

Advertisement