Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Apres Match Skits

Options
  • 12-06-2006 12:03am
    Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭

Did anyone record the Apres Match skits of the first 2 days of the world cup? The ones with the Michael Ballack v Ronaldinho rap-off and the Sky Sports News one? Would like to be able to download them.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,679 ✭✭✭scargill

would really like to get that Sky Sports one too - it was excellent

• Registered Users Posts: 599 ✭✭✭transylman

Yes, I'd love to see them too. Can someone put them up on youtube or something.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭Sizzler

Corholio wrote:
    Did anyone record the Apres Match skits of the first 2 days of the world cup? The ones with the Michael Ballack v Ronaldinho rap-off and the Sky Sports News one? Would like to be able to download them.

They are sooo euro championships 1996....lost their momentum now IMO.

Wheres Gary Cooke with his Dunphy sketches? Hes the only one that always produces the goods.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Just like Tayto, there's always one :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,829 ✭✭✭KerranJast

The skit after Brazil v Croatia was genius. The GAA assimilating the Panel in preparation for Football in Croker next year. Billo morphing into Pat Spillane and Gilsey in hurling gear :D

• Advertisement

Sizzler wrote:
    They are sooo world cup 1994....lost their momentum now IMO

Your arguement is undermined somewhat by the fact that they weren't on during world cup 94.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,937 ✭✭✭fade2black

I knew there'd be one..and then he'd get support...

They're excellent in my opinion. I even like the American guys.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

KerranJast wrote:
    The skit after Brazil v Croatia was genius. The GAA assimilating the Panel in preparation for Football in Croker next year. Billo morphing into Pat Spillane and Gilsey in hurling gear :D

caught it as i got in from work

brilliant :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,679 ✭✭✭scargill

There are some on the RTE website, seem to be changing daily, no archive though...

http://www.rte.ie/sport/worldcup/apresmatch.html

• Registered Users Posts: 4,787 ✭✭✭tvnutz

KerranJast wrote:

That was brilliant,couldn't stop laughing :D

• Advertisement

Fair play to rte. They put up those apres match skits we were talking about here. http://www.rte.ie/sport/worldcup/apresmatch.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

Real Player is ghastly. anyone know of a good alternative?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

VLC, Windows media player, Winamp etc. All as bad imho

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,243 Mod ✭✭✭✭flogen

Not sure where I saw this link, think it was somewhere else on boards.ie;

http://www.youtube.com/results?search=apres+match&search_type=search_videos&search=Search

FAI Heads, The Sunday Game, the rap battle etc. have all been brilliant.
    Plenty of average stuff mind you, like the NI Sport one last night, and the Terry Venables one (both had their moments, but not that funny)
    "Eh Stan, Genesis implementation calling, just looking for a consultation vis a vis the qualification of the game against the Germanies and vis a vis the preference for couscous"

"Couscous, what couscous Tom?"

"The couscouscouscous.."

"I believe couscouscous...cous is a very important part of this teams planning and preparation"

"How'r ya lads, will yiz have a scoop? Go on, go on, go on...

Ya won't..."
    :D
    And yes, Realplayer is a pain... at least with the others (WMP, VLC, FLS etc.) you don't have to download a file for each bloody clip just to play it.. or is that just me?

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,103 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Yes, I caught the NI Sport one last night. It started off OK, but started to drag out before the end.

The three tenors one was pretty good; just caught the end of the prime time one... odd the way it wasn't about football.. isn't that the point :S

• Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Great link flogen thanks for that, anyone know how/if you can download clips on youtube ??

• Registered Users Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭Karoma

Corholio wrote:
    Great link flogen thanks for that, anyone know how/if you can download clips on youtube ??
    Search the Comp/Tech forum for several ways.

Great stuff. I love the GAA guy. :D
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jqZ16Lrjck4&mode=related&search=apres%20match

Karoma wrote:
    "It's the sunday game"
    "what's that?"
    "The Sunday Game"
    "Why the Sunday Game?"
    "Because if you look at everything, take it into account, that's just the way it is"
    "but it's not even a Sunday Micky"
    "I think you'll find that's irrelevant, Bill, The Sunday Game. Crack on"
    :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 445 ✭✭nollaig

Sizzler, Was it not France 98 when they came on first? Maybe another edit is needed?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 385 ✭✭radioman

Some stuff works, some doesn't. They should drop that whole German announcer. The whole 'zis' and 'zat' and 've are not understandink ze humour thing' might have been funny in 'Allo 'Allo 20 years ago...actually it wasn't even then...

Advertisement