Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

battery problem

Options
  • 11-06-2006 12:54pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 689 ✭✭✭

I have a habit of plugging my laptop in too much, and now when the little battery symbol is just half full, it says the battery is weak.

I know I've ****ed up the battery. Is there any way i can fix the problem?

My laptop also runs very slow, would reformating help or is it just the fact that i have too many programmes running at the same time?

I have a celeron processor.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,331 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

I wouldn't have thought that lithium ion batteries were as susceptible to the memory effect you described. Perhaps it is the age of the battery that is the problem. Have you tried doing a number of cycles of full discharges / full charges ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 689 ✭✭✭esperanza

I wouldn't have thought that lithium ion batteries were as susceptible to the memory effect you described. Perhaps it is the age of the battery that is the problem. Have you tried doing a number of cycles of full discharges / full charges ?

Have no idea if its lithium ion or not, the laptop is a toshiba satellite.

Have never removed the battery from the latop.

What do you mean by doing full discharges/full charges cycles? You mean keeping it plugged in until the battery is full and plugging out until the battery runs out? I should do this several times? Please explain! I'm clueless!!!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,331 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

esperanza wrote:
    Have no idea if its lithium ion or not, the laptop is a toshiba satellite.

Have never removed the battery from the latop.

What do you mean by doing full discharges/full charges cycles? You mean keeping it plugged in until the battery is full and plugging out until the battery runs out? I should do this several times? Please explain! I'm clueless!!!:D

Yes - charge it up fully and then let it run down completely; repeat wash and rinse as they say. It's like a colonic irrigation for batteries.

Advertisement