Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Suggestion.

Options
  • 10-06-2006 10:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 860 ✭✭✭

If the court case turns out to be a success, perhaps you could then carry out trials of persons who have been banned from certian forums and find them guilty or not guilty and how long the ban should be. It would be really interesting and also 'cyber-real'! btw, guess who's banned from after hours!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,560 ✭✭✭maidhc

Hummm...

We could have victim impact statements and all :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭besty

maidhc wrote:
    Hummm...

We could have victim impact statements and all :)
    Due to my banning, I've regained 4 hours per day of my life. I simply cannot fill this time, and need Boards to take it back!

• Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,719 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

Good idea, it's been bandied about before by Cloud and some of the other admins, however, I don't think they'll actually go for it in a serious way. I mean, we could hold these cases, but our decisions would have no impact without sanction from above.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭dermot_sheehan

If you a have "trial" involving real people's reputations, you risk defaming them in a quite major mannor

Advertisement