Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best route from Dublin to Monaghan

Options
  • 09-06-2006 11:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,142 ✭✭✭

Have to go to Monaghan tomorrow wondering whats the best routes. Years ago I used to go out via ashbourne though I'm told going out the belfast road is quicker now.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,331 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

I always use the m1 now. Usually I would cut off at Ardee but now I tend to go further up the m1 and cut across to castleblaney skirting the border. funnily enough though my gps recommends going through ballybay whereas everyone seems to use the N2.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,142 ✭✭✭TempestSabre

Tried both routes, one going the other coming back. Wasn't much in to be honest. Seemed to take the same amount of time that the old road through ashbourne - slane etc used to take.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,476 ✭✭✭ardmacha

Quite a lot of traffic uses the N53 to reach the M1. However the Louth and Armagh sections of this road are not suitable for the existing traffic, it has a poor road safety record and needs an upgrade. So far the only sign of improvement is a lot of poles for warning signs in the Louth section.

Advertisement