Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Want/need to start a relationship

Options
  • 09-06-2006 11:43am
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

Well,

Im 22 and never had what most people would call a relationship, dont get me wrong, ive been a ship that passed in the night alrite, but never stayed in a port for more than a night.
    My social life has been castrated since I started working, its a good job, but not many people to mix with. Im inherently shy as well, which doesnt help, but not as much as I used to be.

Any advice

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

I know the feeling. Im 20 myself and never had anything I might considor serious. Somestimes I want too but it I always just püt it off cause of college and such. Not to mention the fact I#m emigrating for a year which is a problem.

My own advice to you is basically to take evry opportunity to socialize - never say no. Its all about networking as a friend of mine keeps on saying. Hes right in truth. Basically just go out with your friends, join clubs whatever floats your boat. You just have to be active not passive.

You caould always try spped dating - check it out on google.ie I heard nothing but good things and gave it ago. Went once and met 20 women in one night. Cantreally do anything about it now though as I#m in Munich for the World Cup

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭Dors1976

I love shy guys but maybe arrange a night out with a few of your mates and just see if anything happens. Then just take it from there. You might meet a girl who is in a similar situation. You might even end up meeting someone at work. Try some sites like www.maybefriends.com or similar ones and you can go from there.:)

Advertisement