Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cash games in the Fitz

Options
  • 08-06-2006 8:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,500 ✭✭✭

I plan on being in dublin sunday and monday night before i head to australia and was just wondering what cash games go on in the fitz and what times do they start at?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,083 ✭✭✭RoundTower

€50 (min buyin) €1-2 holdem, €50 €1-€1 omaha, €50 holdem/omaha, €100 €2-€5 omaha. They start as soon as there is enough interest, say from 9.30 on.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,500 ✭✭✭BrokenArrows

Is the €50min holdem NL or PL

• Registered Users Posts: 16,288 ✭✭✭✭ntlbell

pl

• Registered Users Posts: 7,500 ✭✭✭BrokenArrows

cool, might make an appearance sunday/monday night.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,882 ✭✭✭Doc Farrell

there's no real difference, the pl is so heavy that it might as well be no limit.

believe me, you'll get all the action you could want, whether you want it or not. play tight for an hour and get a feel for whats going on.

gl, d.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,434 ✭✭✭cardshark202

I think you'll find there is a large difference between NL and PL. For instance, you cannot bet more than the pot in PL.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,252 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

I think you'll find there is a large difference between NL and PL. For instance, you cannot bet more than the pot in PL.

I think what Doc means is if two players really want to get it on in PL it does not take long for all the chips to end up in the middle.

I was going to respond to this sardonic comment but I'm just gonna leave it. What is there to be gained by annoying someone you do not really know?

good luck this weekend Cathal.

it's PL, I assume you're smart enough to understand the differences.

Roundtower and cardshark,

I don't know where this antagonism towards me has come from but I respectfully suggest that you think of the long term real repercussions of being didactic smart arses. How does it benefit your lives to use this forum to annoy me? Think about what your true intentions and goals should be and speak accordingly. It may already be too late in relation to me but there are others on this forum who you may have to play against in the future too and is it really wise that they consider you unpleasant?

I understand that you are both young and suffer from gingervitus but that doesn't excuse bad manners.

I wish you both well on whatever path you choose to take but please remember that all actions have repercussions.

in other words, lads, go out and get laid and stop following me around.

cheers, d.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 8,880 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

I'm in one of those moods but I'll make things clear because I'm probably as drunk as Doc is. The original question has been answered so I should close this thread but as I said I'm not sober. I'm up early tomorrow, about 12:30 (early by my standards) to watch Paraguay beat the crap out of Engerland so I'm issuing a warning that if any post after this one is in any way abusive towards anyone else involved in this thread then it's a one week ban even if you're my best mate. And no, no matter what you might think, even sober I'll stick by that.

N.B. The only uncertain statement is the one about Paraguay beating England. Thats more aspirational (I'm drunk and can't think of a better word) than realistic. So can we grow up people?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,806 ✭✭✭Lafortezza

Damn you Muso, I'm also drunk, but you got to this thread before me.

Zaytoon ftw.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,434 ✭✭✭cardshark202

An erroneous statement was made, I simply pointed out the error in lay man's terms.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,322 ✭✭✭Hitchhiker's Guide to...

Roundtower and cardshark,

I don't know where this antagonism towards me has come from but I respectfully suggest that you think of the long term real repercussions of being didactic smart arses. How does it benefit your lives to use this forum to annoy me? Think about what your true intentions and goals should be and speak accordingly. It may already be too late in relation to me but there are others on this forum who you may have to play against in the future too and is it really wise that they consider you unpleasant?

I understand that you are both young and suffer from gingervitus but that doesn't excuse bad manners.

I wish you both well on whatever path you choose to take but please remember that all actions have repercussions.

in other words, lads, go out and get laid and stop following me around.

cheers, d.

lol - this is a classic!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,322 ✭✭✭Hitchhiker's Guide to...

p.s. i'm not the ginger roundtower...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,666 ✭✭✭Imposter

Did anyone else know that didactic was a real word?

Hi Des,

I'm not trying to annoy you and I believe I have been nothing but civil in this thread. I merely corrected some misleading and bad advice which was given to the author of the thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭karlh

daisy%20handbag.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,179 ✭✭✭White Knight

A bit of Antidisestablishmentarianism going on here (always wanted to use that word in a sentence) :D

Good luck if you play in the fitz but have a set amount going in as your bankroll and whether you do good or bad dont budge from it. There be nothing worse than losing a whole lot of spending/living money before a 20 odd hour flight to a far away land!

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Dont be so ****ing childish CS. Doc was clear that he understood the difference and was discussing the action of the PL game. You simply wanted to be a smart arse.

Doc, RT's response was (I believe) to the OP. (ie: about being smart enough to know the difference). I didnt read it as directed at you.

But, I'm getting well fncking tired of the high-handed smart-arsed comments from people who have NOTHING to feel superior about.

DeV.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement